Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Stock Up!!!! EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Stock Up!!!! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Stock Up!!!! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Stock Up!!!! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Stock Up!!!! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Stock Up!!!! EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Stock Up!!!! EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Stock Up!!!! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Stock Up!!!! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Stock Up!!!!

Go down 
+4
masterindisguise
Liam
Spring Miracles
LittleFire
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 11:47 am

Hello Everyone;

My best friend Claude here in Canada is in the wheat/soybean/corn industry and he was telling me over the weekend, to stock up grains now! No time to wait, the prices have jumped already and it is increasing faster than ever. He was saying that once a loaf a bread was $1.00 be ready to pay over $3.00 if not more before Summer if not earlier! Not only in Canada, but also all over the world, here is a few news link that shows the price increase...

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2008/02/21/4864199-sun.html
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/joanne_jjl
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 11:56 am

LittleFire if you remember our thread about stocking up, we all had the feeling that the time was nearing for food shortages.

Thank you for relaying that important piece of information to us. You know the main stream media would never tell us because of fears of mass hoarding.
Back to top Go down
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 12:04 pm

Your welcome Spring, and I do remember our thread we had started a little while back.

He sees the prices and there has been a big increase of purchases done in the last week by containers to China which had brought a huge red flag for him to investigate. He has been concerned about many and wants to heed the warning and with the upcoming droughts he feel that will be occuring this summer it does not look good at all...
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

Male
Number of posts : 423
Humor : Decent

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Hmm...

Should I...shouldn't I...

Bread goes stale after a while though D:
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 2:19 pm

I noticed a few weeks ago that Wal-Mart brand pasta that was .50 cents a box is now $1.09. I've noticed the prices of a lot of items going up. I'm stocked up on some things.
Back to top Go down
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 3:00 pm

If you have a freezer, you can always freeze the bread as well which I have done.
Back to top Go down
elk

elk

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-08-30

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 2:03 am

hi. maybe the supplies are going to china to cope with the olympic games? feeding the hungry athletes and the millions of people that will be there before and after the games, checkin out the countryside and the cities.

i can buy a loaf of white bread for $1.90 but thats a plain wrap supermarket brand. and there neva seems to be many on the shelf. bread is cheap at $2.50 a loaf. name brand loaves are $3+ something and they sometimes do the 2 for $6 deal. and then there are the specialty breads which can be as high as $5.90 a loaf. and thats the supermarket. dont really even look at the bakery unless it is yesterdays bread.

i dont buy white bread and as we have brought the kids up on wholemeal and multi-grain, except when they want fairy bread for parties. its just not the same made with wholemeal.

i am not a doom and gloom person and will probably neva stock up wether it is for droughts, war, cyclones, govt stupidity, whateva the reason... its just not me. elk
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 8:58 am

Elk it is not really really about doom and gloom, but just being prepared. God gives us instinct to see. Better to have a few supplies than to have to rely on others.

Having lived through Katrina I know what it means to be prepared. I always keep water stocked because we had no source after the storm that was not contaminated. I saw what happens when there are no grocery stores open and no food. It was total madness, and people were not even starving at that point. I had to get some dog food from the Salvation Army, and the lines were blocks long for people to get food. I hope to never be put in that position again.

I will stock the basic necessities rather than have to depend on the government to feed me.

This time the supplies are in sealed containers to avoid water and contamination.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:35 am

I was checking out Monterey Bay Spice company online the other day, usually I just look at the catalog, and they have half gallon and gallon size jars with screw top lids. (gal. size are $4.00) I've been using old spaghetti sauce jars to put my rice and beans in. I have a few mice so I can't just leave them in the plastic bags. www.herbco.com. They have dried herbs, teas and supplies. Also, Those who have the room somewhere in your house may want to get a book or two on container gardening and some overhead lighting. I've started seeds inside before and I don't see why a person couldn't continue to grow through the winter, a greenhouse another way to go, I'm not real familiar with those yet though. If it rains for a month a half solid like it did last year I'm planting in containers this year.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:47 am

MID I bought some bulk rice and beans and left them in the sealed bags. Then I put them in plastic containers with lids that seal tightly. A pretty big container with clamps that lock down and seal it really well. I also threw some bay leaves in the container.

That way if I have to grab and go I am not scampering around trying pick up a zillion containers. I am compacting and sorting each item into large containers.

I am not worrying too much about spice. As long as I have garlic, sea salt and pepper I am fine. Other than that I can really make do without it.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:07 am

Quote :
'Panic' Wheat Buying In Trading Pits As Worldwide Shortage Looms!!

http://nqr.farmonline.com.au/news_daily.asp?ag_id=48995

'Panic' wheat buying across the US
Tuesday, 26 February 2008

In the wheat price surge on Monday this week, the leading wheat contract in Minneapolis, US, rose by more than the entire worth of the contract just months ago.

Prices rallied by $5.75 a bushel, or by nearly 30pc, at one point from Friday’s close.

Eight months ago on June 19, the lead Minneapolis wheat contract settled at over $US5.00 a bushel.

Panic over commodity shortages continues to emerge as the dominant factor in the global markets, with both end user and speculative buyers of corn, soybean, cotton, rice and a host of other commodities taking note of what’s happening in the wheat pit.

While US has made improvements to increase crop production efficiency in recent years, the world hasn’t really put sufficient investment into production agriculture for several decades.

The net result has been declining stocks at the same time that expanding global wealth has demanded more raw commodities.

The net result on Monday was new all-time record high prices for corn, soybeans and wheat on the same day.

Sentiment in the marketplace is changing from, 'buying just-in-time' to one of, 'buy what you need at any price' and then to 'buy even more to restock the shelves'.

In other words, there’s evidence to suggest that we’re beginning to enter the hoarding phase of the inflationary cycle."

Edited to update. Wheat now passed $12 a bushel!
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

Male
Number of posts : 423
Humor : Decent

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:18 am

Do I have to stock up then?
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:42 am

Liam I don't know what to tell you! You might want to casually mention to your parents that grain prices are going to go through the roof.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 12:04 pm

I won't be "grabbing and going" anywhere, also, my basement is wet and floods, those plastic containers float. I had one floating around my basement last summer along with the cats litter boxes!. The jars keep out moisture, bugs and mice. I love Tupperware but, I can't afford it right now and mice will eat through it. Monterrey is also the same company I told you about that you can buy sea salt for $3.00 for a 5 # bag and vitamin C powder for $25.00 # as well as the caps to cap it yourself. They are worth purusing the website. I can understand why you would use those large containers though. I've got one or two I'm putting extra canned goods in that won't fit on my shelves.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 12:09 pm

MID since I am still in hurricane zone I may have to grab and go. Although where I am now I believe it is more of a wind issue than water. I pray fervently that I never have to go through the flood experience again. That was horrid. Everything was contaminated with sludge, oil, bacteria, waste and anything you can imagine.

I will stick it out if it is only a matter of wind, but if the waters come I am out of here.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:02 pm

I spaced on that one, I forgot where you are for a minute. I was thinking along the lines of stocking up because of shortages in general, I didn't mean anything by it. Whatever happens here I'm sticking it out, My car is too small to hold all my kids and there is no way I will pick and choose who stays and who goes.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:27 pm

MID that is the dilemma several people found themselves in during Katrina. That is why there were so many abandoned pets. It was absolutely gut wrenching. I am with you on that one. I could never leave mine behind, so if it came down to it I would stay with them. As it was, I had my Amber and two kitties - Sweetie and Oreo - with me. Amber was an English Mastiff and weighed 205 lbs. You should have seen that traveling caravan, and then finding hotels that would allow the animals was not easy. Amber died last summer from kidney failure and boy do I miss her. She was my darling. Born on the same birth date as me.

Anyway I could never understand the people that left their animals. I even had a friend that stayed with her horses and ended up bringing them into her house and up the stairs to the second floor. She said it was tuff, but she managed to get them up there when the water starting rising. I guess they were frightened. People called her "crazy," but I just could not fault her for doing that. I completely understood.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 10:59 am

I googled "wholesale grains" and found this website. www.aaooobfoods.com they have all kinds of emergency, dehydrated, camping etc. supplies. they have MRE's, stuff to clean/purify/desalinate water. I don't know if I'll buy anything from them but, it sure was interesting to look through. It seemed like a survivalists dream come true. :lol!: They foods are all packed and ready for long term storage and they even have reicpes! Just putting this out there in case anyone wants to take a look.
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:06 pm

MID's way works better for me because my "survival mode" dealt with living in the desert, stuck for three weeks with a meager supply of fresh water and dried beans/rice/salmon jerky unable to get into town----flash flood of torrential rain that made the only road impassable that long.

I could only add, that wheat (wheat berries, not flour or meal) is the only way to go. The other thing, I thought plastic, good strong plastic would work for storage, but in the SW desert of NM, rodents chew through anything except metal with tight lid----even tiny, tiny ants get in mason jars, after the seal is broken......
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:09 pm

masterindisguise wrote:
I googled "wholesale grains" and found this website. www.aaooobfoods.com they have all kinds of emergency, .

PLEASE REPEAT!!!!!! AAOOOBFOODS.COM DOESN'T WORK/CAN'T FIND ON THIS SERVER.....HELP, HELP!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:23 pm

I also suggest getting a hydrator while we still have electricity. The one I used was a six tray plastic model using very low temperature (averge food no more than a quarter-inch thick hydrates completely in three days)---cost 79.95, and is available at most specialty-even wal-mart stores.

I make a point of hydarting a small portion of everything I eat on a daily basis, whether its mashed potatoes, salmon, tuna, etc. Even bread pudding---bread, milk, egg,milk,cinnemon, raisin, sugar---all in a blender to the consistancy of sticky oatmeal, spread on tray....dries to jerky, even crunchy if thinner than quarter-inch thick....stays dry can always be re-soaked and cooked to bread consistency.....lots of things a hydrator can do....... (sun works good, too! like in dried tomatoes, even canned tuna and salmon----open tin, spread out on mesh, cover with fine mesh, hang from bush/tree, store in metal container, enjoy later.....)
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:09 pm

googlewholesale grains. I think you mean a DE-hydrator. a hydrator would add moisture, not dry stuff out.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:58 pm

try this www.aaooobfoods.com/bulkfoods.htm I was just looking around there again and they also have stuff to take in case of nuclear or "dirty" bomb exposure. They have storage containers for dry food and thingys you put in with the food to take out the oxygen so it will keep longer. It 's an interesting and "wild" site. Like something from T.V.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Well, I just clicked on the last link I put up and for some reason it doesn't work. Google wholesale grains. Sorry
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:40 pm

masterindisguise wrote:
googlewholesale grains. I think you mean a DE-hydrator. a hydrator would add moisture, not dry stuff out.

SORRY, MEANT DE-HYDRATOR!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stock Up!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Up!!!!   Stock Up!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Stock Up!!!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next