Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Why People Are Fed Up With Church

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Why People Are Fed Up With Church Empty
PostSubject: Why People Are Fed Up With Church   Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 8:09 pm

I posted this today as a bulletin on my myspace after receiving the video below in an email. The response I've had so far has been overwhelming, especially from the teenagers. I'm putting it here in the fight section because it is one thing I am willing to fight over. lol

Aug 7, 2007 1:39 PM
Subject: Why People are Fed Up with Church.

Body: To every Christian out there, in church and out of church, please watch this very important video. Here is a quote from the evangelical pastor who is (finally) blowing the whistle on his counter-parts:

"They claim to be following Jesus, who spent His life ministering to the poor and destitute. Then, why are they spending multiplied billions of dollars on huge, ornate buildings with luxurious furnishings, while millions of children die from starvation and millions are homeless? You will be alarmed and disgusted to learn that they have the money to feed every starving child worldwide three meals a day throughout the year, and to build enough homeless shelters to house every homeless person in America. Evidently, " what would Jesus do", is just a catchy slogan to sell more profitable gospel merchandise."

I personally was told by an associate pastor at a mega church that they didn't want me bringing homeless people to their church, something I had done for years. It is a sad state of affairs when a church forgets why they began. When money is more important than people, it ceases to be a church, it is a country club, a rock concert, a playground to go to on Sunday, but it has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus.

There are children right here in my own city, and every city across the nation living under bridges and going to bed hungry tonight. Where is the mega church? Globe-trotting? Scheduling more TV time? Making DVD's to sell? Making popcorn for Movie Night or having a latte at the Starbuck's in the sanctuary? Figuring out a new scheme to promote their "Worship Experiences"?

It's horrendous, it's sickening and it is sad, all at the same time. And it definitely has nothing to do with God. That is the saddest part of all. It would be one thing if they just ran a weekly motivational gathering for profit, hey, that's totally cool, it's the free enterprise system. It's just sickening that churches do it claiming to represent God.

God is LOVE. God is NOT greed.

L. Ron Hubbard is quoted as saying, "If you want to make a million dollars, start your own religion." Guess what? He did, and he did. It's all about the money. Don't be fooled.

If there are starving children in your city, if your homeless shelters are overflowing, if one mother has to send one child to bed hungry tonight, then you can be sure that the mega church in your city is preaching a false gospel. Check the fruit. If they preach love, but are not BEING love, you are being deceived my friends.

It's all about the money. Do Jesus a favor and stop throwing your money at these mega-churches. Take your ten percent tithe and feed one starving child for a month. Take your tithe and help a working single mom make ends meet this month. Take your tithe spend it on the poor, the widows and the orphans. That is what the BIBLE says to do.

And by the way, while we are on the subject, in Malachi, the scripture preachers LOVE to throw out to get your money, I would point out that God is speaking to THE PREACHERS about robbing God. Back in the day, there were storehouses where people brought their tithes, the tithe was FOOD, actual FOOD, to be distributed among people who were hungry AND the preachers.

The greedy preachers in Malachi were robbing God by keeping the food for themselves, and not giving it to the poor, the widows, the homeless and the orphans. Do yourself a favor and study the tithe before you spend another dime on plasma TV screens and intelligent lighting for your mega church.

Ask yourself, truly, where would Jesus spend His money? On the starving children, the homeless, the elderly widows or the rich, rich pastors who would like to put their grandchildren thru private Christian school or buy a new Corvette? What would the REAL Jesus do? Just ask Him, He will be more than happy to tell you.

Being the Miracle,
Melissa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEbk-kk_Kbg
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Why People Are Fed Up With Church   Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 10:08 am

My Grandmother always told me to never forget that GOD is not in "that building. He is in your heart." She warned me not to be taken in by the seemingly englightened words of man, especially when money appears to be the motivating force behind a fellowship.

Be The Miracle, she had a vision, and told me the churches would be corrupted. She also told me that this would come to light, but people would still be taken in by the "sermons."

When the religious leader espouses that you can do no wrong, and it is okay to make millions, and GOD wants us all to be rich, and he wants us all to feel good, then something is just plain wrong. According to these religious leaders we are supposed to pray for our new car, our new tv, and anything else our heart desires. Where is compassion for our fellow man? Where is our repentance? We are not perfect, and it is not okay to do anything we want without regard for others.

My Grandmother and I went to several churches, Catholic, Pentecost, Methodist, you name it, but I learned the most on my retreats with her in the mountains. That is what built my character. We prayed, and read the bible, swam in the crystal clear waters, cooked over a campfire, and just generally released all vestiges of the outside world. It was very cathartic and enlightening.

I carry with me always her Indian inspiration, her wisdom, her pure spirtuality, and the love she had for every living being. She had no prejudices. This is not to say she didn't have faults, because she did, but they were minor in my eyes. She was the most gentle spirit I have ever met.

I will take that kind of spirituality any day over the church inspired doctrine.
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

Male
Number of posts : 423
Humor : Decent

PostSubject: Re: Why People Are Fed Up With Church   Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 7:10 am

I'm bored with church, that's why :P

same thing over and over again >.<
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Why People Are Fed Up With Church   Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 9:56 pm

Spring,
I agree with you on this and want to add someting to it, There is nothing wrong in making wealth and gaining wealth, What matters is how you go about making it, and what your intentions are in using your wealth will lend to what type of person you have become.

Wealth leads to greed, greed leads to coruption, and society in general looses. There should be not one soul on this earth that should go hungry and without shelter. But greed has put it's hold and even propagated through the church, Radio and TV.

Just look at all the reality shows that are on TV now, where the contestants start out saying that they will play the game honestly and with integrety, only to end up lying, cheating, befriending one another for the almighty dollor because of greed, with integrety going out the window.
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Why People Are Fed Up With Church   Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 10:08 pm

Melissa,
If you continue to take all the homeless poeple to these types of churches, eventually you will expose them for what they really are and hopefully create change and lead them in a new direction.

Society has changed and somehow forgot about compassion when it comes to the meak and suffering of this world. It always takes a disaster to bring out the best in people when it should be an everyday event.

I pray that it will all change someday soon when governments can reach out and help what's really important, the People.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Why People Are Fed Up With Church   Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 11:57 am

Osiris I believe we are of one mind on this. I agree that there is nothing wrong with wealth, but there is something wrong when the pastor/preacher/bishop is living like a multimillionaire, and so many in the community and congregation are suffering.

God absolutely did not intend for this to be the message of the Church. His church is in our heart and in our soul. What we do for others, and the least among us, will be our legacy.

We have to be careful not to pump ourselves up with pride, and believe that we are in anyway above any other living soul.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Why People Are Fed Up With Church   Why People Are Fed Up With Church EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 2:46 pm

We are all ONE. When we help another, whether it be human, animal, plant or rock, we help ourselves. When we hurt or attack another, we do the same to ourselves. We are mirrors for each other, when someone pisses us off, ask yourself, "are they showing me something about myself that I need to change or own up to?" The same goes for people who are kind and show us the parts of ourselves. The times are changing (duh) and things that have been going on for years are finally coming to light in a BIG way. People are starting to come out of their sleep-like state and take a stand for change. I.E. Bush, he is serving a major purpose by being the way he is and doing what he is doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why People Are Fed Up With Church   Why People Are Fed Up With Church Empty

Back to top Go down

Why People Are Fed Up With Church
Page 1 of 1