Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

What's Your Totem Animal?

Go down 
+8
Cornelia
lovablegypsy
Engtovo
Puschar
LittleFire
Spring Miracles
sakeringo
Loey
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 3:34 pm

Cornelia....for you...

The Donkey

The donkey is an unsung hero that has often been misrepresented and misunderstood. They were first domesticated approximately 4,500 years ago and were considered to be a status symbol for there owners. Versatile and willing workers with a gentle intelligence donkeys have been known to live for 40 plus years.

Donkeys come in a variety of colors from gray to brown. Most have white muzzles, eye rings and light bellies. Some donkeys have a marking on their back that appears to be a cross, leg stripes are also seen. There are various myths and fables of how the donkey obtained the cross on his back. Some cultures believe that the donkey carried the Lord on his back and received its leg stripes from walking through the palm branches that were laid in his path in honor of the burden he was carrying. Other stories suggest the donkey was God sent and the Prophet was carried to the heavens on its back. The donkey embodies the qualities of perseverance and servitude. They are tireless workers with a strong dedication to spirit.

The characteristics of donkey are noted in those with this totem, spiritual dedication, undying faith in the creative force and a willingness to take on the responsibilities and burdens of others. Helping others is a wonderful trait although taking on more than one can comfortably carry can lead to physical and emotional problems. Learning how to say no and being responsible for ones own well being is a life lesson.

Donkeys are not fond of change and often appear stubborn. If they deem something as dangerous, they simply won't do it. Its not because they are stubborn its because they respect their own intuitive senses. They are smart enough to know when they can or cant handle something and teach us how to honor and abide by our own personal knowing.

The donkey evolved in the desert. The rugged terrain in which they lived taught them how to move with caution.. When frightened the donkey would simply freeze or run a little way out of danger then stop and look at what startled them. They learned how to navigate their way out of difficult situations and as a result developed cunning and crafty survival skills. When donkey appears in our life it asks us to stop and look at what is challenging us and find a way to move forward safely.

The ears of the donkey are big and funnel like and can detect sounds from a far distance. Donkeys understand the messages each sound carries and teach us how to listen and awaken our clairaudient skills. This amazing animal is a master teacher. When it appears in your life it is asking you to awaken, develop or apply your own inherent gifts in one or more areas of your life.

http://groups.msn.com/Walkgently2/yourwebpage18.msnw
Back to top Go down
Cornelia

Cornelia

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 5:42 pm

Thank you, Be! I didn't even know donkeys could be totems. Did I say how much I love those precious creatures? flower
Back to top Go down
Tautog

Tautog

Number of posts : 46
Humor : Arrived
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am

Be The Miracle, sorry, I didn't make myself clear in my last post. I don't mean I have had guides that were circles or triangles, I meant that some guides have been near me in animal shapes, and that is a reason I have liked some of those animals.

I've never had an animal I identified with so much that I thought I was like that animal. I liked fish in general once, then snakes in general, then lions. I have browsed animal totems and some of them have characteristics I recognize in myself, but never completely.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum, I'll do my best to be a good member.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 10:39 am

Tautog you are welcome here. There is good energy here and you will enjoy this place. I can sense that you are a very deep individual. You have a lot to offer. flower
Back to top Go down
Tautog

Tautog

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 11:02 am

Spring Miracles wrote:
Tautog you are welcome here. There is good energy here and you will enjoy this place. I can sense that you are a very deep individual. You have a lot to offer. flower

Deep? Hehe.

"The tautog (tô'tôg', -tŏg', tô-tôg', -tŏg'), Tautoga onitis, is a fish of the wrasse family found in salt water from Nova Scotia to South Carolina. It lives along the bottom, in and amongst rocks, wrecks, mussel beds, bridge pilings or other bottom features...

Tautog have many adaptations to life in and around rocky areas. They have thick rubbery lips and powerful jaws. The backs of their throats contain a set of teeth resembling molars. Together these are used to pick and crush prey such as mollusks and crustaceans. Their skin also has a rubbery quality, which may help to protect them when swimming among rocks."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tautog

Thank you for that. I like deepness.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 11:16 am

Quote :
Thank you for that. I like deepness.

Oh LOL I like that. I love fish. They fascinate me. I have always wondered if they can really think.

If I can think of any more profound statements, knowing me, I will be sure and post them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 4:08 pm

FISH

(Still looking for Tautog, but I think spring nailed it. lol)

Independence, Potential, Adaptation

Fish can teach us to adapt to all environments;
they can teach us to streamline our lives;
they can give us protection when we need it;
and connect us to the creative element of life: water.

A Fish swimming down symbolizes the involution of spirit,
while a Fish swimming up is the evolution of the spirit.
They reveal the strength of the currents of our lives and see clearly in the murky waters of the future.

When Fish entered your life as a Totem, it will often signal one of the senses
being awakened: visions, prophetic dreams, or clairaudience is possible.
There will be greater contact with the spiritual realm.

Angelfish
This Totem indicates the presence of Angels in our lives.
We may also find that our assistance is needed to help others,
to, in turn, become a guardian angel to another person.

Barracuda
If a Barracuda comes into your life, it is a signal
that it is time to make your own way in life - to follow your own path.

Catfish
Signals the need to separate out what benefits us and discard what does not.
Brings a greater sensitivity to the spoken and written word.
Speak what you feel in a tempered manner, for your words will have
a deeper impact on others.

Goldfish or Koi
This Totem brings peace and prosperity to those who have it.
Look for new opportunities and take advantage of them.

Salmon
An increased ability to get a "feel" for others -- especially in healers.
Salmon brings the opportunity for a pilgrimage or the clarity to a one that we have been on.
This spiritual journey will transform us and life will never be the same.

Shark
Staying busy and active is very beneficial. Work-alcoholics often have Shark totems.
Shark Totem people can accomplish seemingly impossible tasks.
Brings an acute sense of smell to those with a Shark totem.
Trust what "smells" right. It is also a powerful Protector Totem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 4:13 pm

More on fish:

Fish are amazing creatures. Some are bright and colorful others are translucent and plain. Powerful yet graceful swimmers, they live in the water and ride its currents. Water is the primordial life source, a symbol of the womb, motherhood and woman. Those with this totem will have strong ties to these qualities.

Many races of antiquity have honored creatures inhabiting water. Early philosophers and scientists realizing all life has its origin in water chose the fish as the symbol of the life germ. Water is dynamic and constantly in transition and can reflect the same in a persons life. When fish appears to you it signifies a time of movement and change.

The subconscious and unconscious mind has always been associated with water. Because fish live here they are linked to the elements of the unknown and hold the energy of transformation. Fish swim under water and can reveal to those with this totem their hidden fears and deepest desires.

Fish were sacred to the Greeks and Romans. In early Christianity three fishes were used to symbolize the trinity. Fish is also one of the eight sacred symbols of the Buddha. Throughout history fish have been associated with religion and worship. Prayer and meditation are important balancing elements for those with this medicine.
Back to top Go down
Tautog

Tautog

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 6:01 pm

Fish totem now? I distinctly believed totems could only be mammals, birds, and some reptiles. I can learn something new every day then. Of course, the totem has to make itself clearer before I can say 'my totem is x'. Also, totems are permanent for each person, aren't they?

Thank you BTM, Spring.
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

Male
Number of posts : 423
Humor : Decent

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 6:58 pm

Wagtail-it's a bird.

I just love 'em. =)
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 8:12 pm

Awwww Liam has a little bird as a Totem!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 8:45 pm

Now that is ultra-interesting, Liam. A little sparrow was trying desperately to get into my house today, it actually went around to several different windows while Chelsea and I watched in amazement! I looked up sparrow, I'll see if I can find a wagtail for you...

SPARROW

Self-Worth

The sparrow is one of the most common birds around,
yet it has flourished when other species have failed.
It reflects self-worth.
If a Sparrow totem has entered your life, ask yourself if you know your own self-worth.
The sparrow will show you that even a common little bird can triumph.

The song sparrow reflects the chakra energy awakening from the heart and throat.
It reminds us to sing out our own song of dignity and self-worth.

During the Middle Ages, the Sparrow was the symbol
of peasants and the lower classes.
In Ancient Britain, the Sparrow was the symbol of friendly household spirits.
To the Greeks, it was the pet of Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love.
Back to top Go down
Sharon

Sharon

Female
Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 1:47 am

Mine is a wolf and it has always been a wolf,..hmm makes me wonder why wolves are observers and watches over their young cubs..lol
Yeah Wolves has always been my main, Also black cougars, they be my 2nd animal im drawn too aswell,but mainly wolves.

Peace!
:redhrt:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 1:47 am

The member Sharon has done the following action : Roll dices

1 times What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De6
Results :
  What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De3
Back to top Go down
https://twohawks.forumotion.com
Sharon

Sharon

Female
Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 1:49 am

😕
Ok im curious now..Wots with the Dices..lol

Shazz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 1:49 am

The member Sharon has done the following action : Roll dices

6 times What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De6
Results :
  What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De1   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De1   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De6   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De4   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De2   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De5
Back to top Go down
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 5:53 am

Hi Sharon;

The wolf is my totem also, since I was a little girl when I first discovered it. My 2nd is the grizzly bear and my third, (yes, one can have three) is the buffalo.

Blessings,
LittleFire
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/joanne_jjl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 5:53 am

The member LittleFire has done the following action : Roll dices

2 times What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De6
Results :
  What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De4   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 De2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Totem Animal?   What's Your Totem Animal? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Your Totem Animal?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2