Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
How to Make a Prayer Stick EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
How to Make a Prayer Stick EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
How to Make a Prayer Stick EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
How to Make a Prayer Stick EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
How to Make a Prayer Stick EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
How to Make a Prayer Stick EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
How to Make a Prayer Stick EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
How to Make a Prayer Stick EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
How to Make a Prayer Stick EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

How to Make a Prayer Stick

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How to Make a Prayer Stick Empty
PostSubject: How to Make a Prayer Stick   How to Make a Prayer Stick EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 12:46 pm

How to Make a Prayer Stick (from tribe.net)

I had mentioned that Willy and I were making prayer sticks for our tribe...to gift at the Green Corn Ceremony next saterday.... and had promised to tell you all how to make
One....remember. ..it goes well with our topic of the week...don't you think?
here's how....
You take a thin piece of wood...and cut it to about a foot long and about.....oh. ..5" wide.....notch it at both ends....(a small notch for the top..and large long notch for the
Bottom.)...about an inch and a half above the ends....drill a hole on both ends too....then sand it all smooth...... no splinters... ..
Tie a white feather that sticks up ....on the end you wish for the top....wrap it and tie...with red or red and white yarn...wind four times, for the four directions.. .on the upper
Notch...and secure...... then take another tie, with natural hemp cording..(it' s durable)or sinue....... .make a large tie loop..this is to hang it from...on the same end..through
The hole.....this is the top of the prayer stick.....
Now for the bottom.....Wrap yarn...evenly. ..as you would a smudge stick...28 times around the base of the prayer stick...on the notch...secure. ...and then ....tie in the
Hole.....with the yarn...a hanging, white feather and a hanging bead...on separate ties...so they hang down.....individual ly.....there you have your basic prayer stick....
Now...with a marking pen....permanent. .....write on the board part...your prayers...to the Great Spirit..and for whom ever you wish...etc.. ..and hang it high in a tree......for the
Spirit to see.....this is a 'native' way of ''praying without ceasing''... and is similar to a prayer bundle......
Now for Willy's comments on the prayer stick....and it's use...he wished to comment...and say osiyo to everyone!
While you are busy in the day...or sleeping...at night...good Spirits will come along and visit your prayer stick, and help you to answer your prayers, that you have drawn or
Written, on the prayer stick.....
If someone comes along and sees your prayer stick hanging from a tree branch, or in the window, and if that person is judgemental or negative...and sends a negative
Thought at your personal prayer stick, Then this is what happens..... .the negative thought hits the white feather at the bottom....and then goes around and around on the
28 windings of yarn....and wears itself out....Then it goes out on the bead.....thus protecting your prayers....
I find if I put out the first effort ....then the good Creator will manifest my prayers....I have found that it works.....remember there are no guarantees with prayer.....but. ...
SEE YOUR GIFTS AND REQUESTS...ARRIVING AND FILLED...!!
Blessings from Willy Whitefeather and Wren.....and much love!

:ind1:
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

How to Make a Prayer Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Prayer Stick   How to Make a Prayer Stick EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Thank you BTM. I am going to make a prayer stick. I need a picture though. I am going to google it and see what I can find. I follow a pattern better if I have a picture.
Back to top Go down

How to Make a Prayer Stick
Page 1 of 1