Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Trees and Plants as Totems EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Trees and Plants as Totems EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Trees and Plants as Totems EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Trees and Plants as Totems EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Trees and Plants as Totems EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Trees and Plants as Totems EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Trees and Plants as Totems EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Trees and Plants as Totems EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Trees and Plants as Totems EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Trees and Plants as Totems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Trees and Plants as Totems Empty
PostSubject: Trees and Plants as Totems   Trees and Plants as Totems EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:26 pm

In my meditation this morning, I was told to take some cedar needles(leaves) and some sage leaves, make a tea and drink it before I continue my day's work. Cedar is for growth, even in winter (the dark days). It is evergreen and ancient, while pine is evergreen and young.

If Cedar comes into your life, it means that maturity has been reached. By smudging one's room rubbing the fresh leaves on your skin, and drinking it internally, a purification though ancient rites and ancestral spirits will occur. Dried up, old ideas, once burned as an incense with focus on new growth about to replace the one you are burning, as the smoke goes to the next level, where the elders sit in council, the old ideas will be reviewed and returned to you with a fresh approach.

Cedar is and always has been the main herb/incense used in healing ceremonies, or "sits". Sage, of course is the elders themselves, used in the chanupa (the pipe representing the foces of both the Grandmother and the Grandfather) the chief smokes as the stones in a sweat are getting hotter and hotter.

The Cedar Waxwing bird often appears in the dead of winter (she loves to nest in cedar trees, thus her name cedar waxwing) to remind us that spring is 'round the corner....

Joseph Campbell found in his world-wide research that all cultures once "Talked to The Trees" and the Northwest Indian tribes, (if we hadn't nearly destroyed their culture) would have placed a tree (or plant) symbol atop the Totem Poles, above raven, eagle and crow. Trees ARE THE NEXT LEVEL of enlightenment (closer to god/sky). They were here long before any animals or birds arrived. Creator really placed these things for us, long before any of us arrived, to be used in so many ways.

If anyone wants a reading on Totem Plants, I will be glad to help. Ask yourself three questions, "What's my favorite tree?" "My favorite flower/plant?" and then sit back, clear your mind (like think about an animal...something else that inspires you). Finally close your eyes and when the first plant/tree that comes to your mind happens, write it down and give me the three answers.

I will interpret them for you, or you can begin to use the three questions/answers in this way: Question/Answer 1 refers to empowering ideas/forces that have made you feel good about yourself (not necessarily the kind of trees you see around you all the time).

Question/Answer 2 represents the little 'helpers' in your life and Question/Answer 3 is about your present situation. Aho!