Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
My First Day of College. Again. EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
My First Day of College. Again. EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
My First Day of College. Again. EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
My First Day of College. Again. EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
My First Day of College. Again. EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
My First Day of College. Again. EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
My First Day of College. Again. EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
My First Day of College. Again. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
My First Day of College. Again. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

My First Day of College. Again.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

My First Day of College. Again. Empty
PostSubject: My First Day of College. Again.   My First Day of College. Again. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:21 pm

Ok. So what a weird day. Today was my first day of college, again.

It was also my daughter's first day, at the same school, no less. I didn't mean for it to happen like that, but it did. This is the only college that offers the degree I want. Unfortunately, all my previous college credit hours won't count because they are over ten years old. I also cannot clep out of any courses due to the requirements of my degree. *sigh*. I have to start all over. I felt like such a big loser today, I was on the verge of tears all day. Finally when Two got home from work I let it go and just sobbed in his arms.

Am I dork for feeling like this? I thought I would be so happy, but it's been really emotional all the way around. I felt like a jerk for college-stalking my kid. Poor thing. I told her we could pretend not to know each other. Thank God we don't have any classes together. Then I really would've felt like an idiot.

So, I didn't want to say anything to you guys until it was a done deal, but that's part of the reason I haven't been here. I've been so busy trying to get 4 kids situated in their new schools, and myself squared away. Now I will have more time to be around.

Chalk this up to an authentic moment. I'm so glad I we have this safe-haven to come to. I love you all!

Melissa
Back to top Go down
FliesWithoutWings

FliesWithoutWings

Female
Number of posts : 46
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Try this....   My First Day of College. Again. EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 9:01 am

"Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10 NIV).

In this day and age, our culture has become so accustomed to having constant activity going on; computers, cell phones, television, email, video games. And there’s nothing wrong with that stuff but sometimes, we have to stop and be still so we can focus on knowing God. This is especially true during the difficult times in life. When you are facing a challenge, it’s easy to want to run to a friend or talk about it with a neighbor, but at some point, you have to stop and say, “God, I rest in You. I know You have me in the palm of Your hand.” Remember, our battles are spiritual battles. The people in your life aren’t your enemy, the forces of darkness are. When you choose to be still and know that the Greater One lives on the inside of you, you are saying to the whole world, “I trust God. He is my Defender.” When you choose to believe in Him you will enter into His rest. Remember, the battle belongs to the Lord. As you are still before Him, You will see His hand of victory and blessing in every area of your life!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My First Day of College. Again.   My First Day of College. Again. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 7:41 am

Well, thanks, FWW. That's always a good thing to remember, however sometimes people do need to vent. I should have put my post under the "WHINE" category, but we don't have one here! lol

I'm better today, it's all just so overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
sakeringo

sakeringo

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: My First Day of College. Again.   My First Day of College. Again. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 9:57 am

Good for you for going back to college! That's exciting and wonderful. And now that you have your freak out out of the way, you'll be fine.

Recently I read about a 99 year old woman getting her degree. We're never too old to learn or to follow a dream.
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: My First Day of College. Again.   My First Day of College. Again. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 12:51 pm

HEY, BTM! I like the idea of WHINE AND GRIPE as a forum. It could also be called "Wine and Grape list" :laugh: (for unscrupulous eyes eat ), so here's my favorite angry at the stupid human people who still promote war gripe:

"I hate it when humans continue to do what they know is destroying them while they do it!" I'm talking about WAR! You would think, after WWII (55 million people dead - if you include the 22 million who died from influenza discovered recently that started in a war camp in Normandy) we would stop, never to do it again. The "Killing Fields" of Cambodia (another 2 million state/national- sanctioned murder) is killing the rice fields (millions of land mines still able to explode (mostly ours in the middle east) and the other destruction we are doing to ourselves, still blows my mind. To say I am unpatriotic because I am a conscientious objector is the other lie. Who said patriotic means willing to GO OUT AND KILL OTHER PEOPLE IN THEIR WAR, when a defense army (National guard air force, coast guard, marine, naval, etc. as well ) IS SENT OVERSEAS instead of stay at home (because of this madness we didn't have enough National Guard supplies and personnel to really control/restore Katrina devestation) AND the complete ignorance of the greed and profit from war. Somebody must have convinced the powers that be back in the forties after vowing never to do it again, suggested, "Gosh, there's money to be made here. Maybe we should make this war business our top priority, our modus operendi", which is exactly what we did!!!! (Though calling it patriotism)...Yuuck.....

(It is common knowledge that over 50% of our GNP is war related---I don't use statistics to cconvince people of anything, like I am often accused of doing---I just put them out there. Statistics, inluding the numbers of highly paid sub-contractors equalling (or greater) the army numbers, and other statistics are common facts, not contrived points of debate here.)

Even Camus (19th century French philosopher, when addressing inventors and artists warned that all your creative ideas, "be careful when you publish them. Your military governments will take them and use them against you", which we also are doing. Even our Dwight D. Eisenhower general and president said in reluctantly supporting Nixon for president told the Republican convention to be ware of the MIC (Military Industrial Complex) and their powerful ways to control you. He was booed off the stage. That was in the 1960's!!!!!

Then there's the Iran/Contra affair, when documents were shredded about our State Departments sale of arms to Iran DURING the ban we ourselves (along with the UN) instigated. Even a member of my own family (all college-degreed people) when asked about how he condoned the sale said "Well, if we didn't sell them to the enemy, someone else would have." That's his excuse. I can't even look him in the eye anymore. This last statement sums up my biggest gripe:

IF THERE'S MONEY TO BE MADE FROM IT, IT'S ALL RIGHT!!!

Its like two tribes who live across the river and don't like each other. One guy crosses the river at night and says to the elder, "Hey I know where the best stones are. I'll sell you my secret. He makes the sale, and goes back across the river. The next day the tribe starts throwing stones at the other tribe and kills them off, occupies their territory, and the one who sold them the secret becomes the new chief!" Isn't that what we are doing two-three thousand years later?

THAT's my gripe!!!! eat Oh well.......At least I got it off my chest...now I will let it go! (I hope).
Back to top Go down
jhodi

jhodi

Female
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: My First Day of College. Again.   My First Day of College. Again. EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 4:55 pm

So give us an update! How's it going???
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: My First Day of College. Again.   My First Day of College. Again. EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:07 am

coffee gif13 :choco: smoke :laugh: :sun1: popcorn beer

Does that give you a good idea? :laugh: (My chest is bigger now, so,s my tummy, George crawled back into my room of imaginings, along with rice, cheney and all the other clowns. I locked the door, threw away the key and continued walking down my Hall of Wisdom by myself, telling them to find their own way out, once they stop kickin butt and settle down, maybe I'd go to my extra key collection and see if I can find a duplicate :laugh:
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: My First Day of College. Again.   My First Day of College. Again. EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 9:51 pm

Hello there Melissa,
I have just read your post and realize it was earlier in the year
that you have returned to collage, that is so great that you are following your dream. It does not matter if we are older and wiser, what matters is that you have decided to finish something that
means so much to you. I hope that you succede in all that you do, and even though you have many priorities on your plate at this time, keep your eye on the pie.

With that being said, This January I will be finishing off something that I started many years ago, at the age of Fifty, I will be back into the Military, The Army Guard. I know that quite a few people that have mixed fellings about the US Military and I understand their frustration with it. This was a very difficult decision for me and my family to make. I spent fifteen years active duty Air Force in a field that really made me search the foundation of my being. Hopefully this time around I can serve a President that is not so quick to send are children into harms way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Day of College. Again.   My First Day of College. Again. Empty

Back to top Go down

My First Day of College. Again.
Page 1 of 1