Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Dogs to Cats to Dogs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Dogs to Cats to Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 22, 2008 8:57 am

I thought I would post this in light of Father's day coming up.

From Dogs to Cats and Back to Dogs

I just realized that while children are dogs...loyal and affectionate...teenagers are cats.

It's so easy to be a dog owner. You feed it, train it, boss it around. It puts its head on your knee and gazes at you as if you were a Rembrandt painting. It bounds indoors with enthusiasm when you call it.

Then around age 13, your adoring little puppy turns into a big old cat. When you tell it to come inside, it looks amazed, as if wondering who died and made you emperor. Instead of dogging your doorstep, it disappears. You won't see it again until it gets hungry ... then it pauses on its sprint through the kitchen long enough to turn its nose up at whatever you're serving. When you reach out to ruffle its head, in that old affectionate gesture, it twists away from you then gives you a blank stare, as if trying to remember where it has seen you before.

You, not realizing that the dog is now a cat, think something must be desperately wrong with it. It seems so antisocial, so distant, sort of depressed. It won't go on family outings. Since you're the one who raised it, taught it to fetch and stay and sit on command, you assume that you did something wrong. Flooded with guilt and fear, you redouble your efforts to make your pet behave.

Only now you're dealing with a cat, so everything that worked before now produces the opposite of the desired result. Call it and it runs away. Tell it to sit and it jumps on the counter. The more you go toward it, wringing your hands, the more it moves away.

Instead of continuing to act like a dog owner, you can learn to behave like a cat owner. Put a dish of food near the door and let it come to you. But remember that a cat needs your help and your affection too. Sit still and it will come, seeking that warm, comforting lap it has not entirely forgotten. Be there to open the door for it.

One day your grown-up child will walk into the kitchen, give you a big kiss and say, "You've been on your feet all day. Let me get those dishes for you." Then you'll realize your cat is a dog again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 22, 2008 9:24 am

:laugh4:

So true, so true. Now I understand. lol
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 22, 2008 9:32 am

At least I can say my oldest has become a dog once more! Thank GOD for that! That cat phase will wear you out!

I knew you would understand BTM!

pet puppy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 22, 2008 9:35 am

Oh my gosh, Jack, my nine year old, is becoming a cat. I went to his awards program today....lol....and afterwards I went up to him and gave him a big hug (well I tried, anyway) and he acted like he didn't know me, he turned bright red....so I did what any self-respecting, proud mama would do....I gave him a HUGE kiss on his cheek, right in front of all his friends and classmates.... ROFLMAO....ahhh, good times, good times....
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 22, 2008 9:42 am

Quote :
I did what any self-respecting, proud mama would do....I gave him a HUGE kiss on his cheek, right in front of all his friends and classmates.... ROFLMAO....ahhh, good times, good times....

That cracks me up!!! Those boys!! Have to be manly you know!

I told my oldest that I had adopted a new kid - one his age -HA HA Told him that the new kid calls me Mom, and my son said YEAH, but you make sure and tell him that you will always be ONLY MY MOMMY!!
:fall:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 22, 2008 9:46 am

:laugh:

HAHAHA! That reminds me of last night, the people next door were having some kind of party and the dogs were going crazy barking. I got three of them to come in, but my little schnauzer, Lady, wouldn't give it up. After yelling at her a dozen times to come, she just ignored me and kept barking. So I started praising the other 3 dogs by name in a really loud voice, saying what good puppies they were and how much I loved them. Lady came running! ROFLMAO. Apparently the concept works on children, too!
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 22, 2008 10:55 am

BTM, how could you do that to your son? thats cruel and unusual punishment!!! :funny1:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 22, 2008 2:26 pm

Tell it to the judge, MID. lol.
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:42 pm

Had to bump this from "show us your friends" reply:

"Dad, don't you EVER call me a cat again. I will wipe your mouth out with soap so fast you won't know what hit you in the face!"

Dogs to Cats to Dogs Lb310
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 22, 2008 8:00 pm

That picture cracks me up, WD! LittleBear looks like you tried to feed her brussel sprouts for dinner. My kids get the same look on their faces at dinner time! lol.

MID, Spring....This is me chasing down Jack, trying to kiss him. I call it a "Jack Attack."

Dogs to Cats to Dogs Jackattack
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyThu May 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Oh my gosh. Jack is darling!!!! How cute!!! I think I would have to smooch his little cheeks too.

Is he running from you? gif38 LOL
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:24 am

DOG JOKES

As a butcher is shooing a dog from his shop, he sees $10 and a note in his mouth, reading: "10 lamb chops, please."

Amazed, he takes the money, puts a bag of chops in the dog's mouth, and quickly closes the shop. He follows the dog and watches him wait for a green light, look both ways, and trot across the road to a bus stop. The dog checks the timetable and sits on the bench. When a bus arrives, he walks around to the front and looks at the number, then boards the bus. The butcher follows, dumbstruck.

As the bus travels out into the suburbs, the dog takes in the scenery. After awhile he stands on his back paws to push the "stop" button, then the butcher follows him off.

The dog runs up to a house and drops his bag on the stoop. He goes back down the path, takes a big run, and throws himself -Whap!- against the door. He does this again and again. No answer. So he jumps on a wall, walks around the garden, beats his head against a window, jumps off, and waits at the front door. A big guy opens it and yells at the the dog, "Jack, get your butt back in here right this minute. NOW!"

The butcher runs up screams at the guy: "What in the world are you doing? This dog's a genius!" The owner responds, "Genius? I don't think so. It's the second time this week he's forgotten his key!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Following a woman with a dog out of the movie theater, a man stopped her and said, "I'm sorry to bother you, but I was amazed that your dog seemed to get into the movie so much. He cried at the right spots, moved nervously at the boring spots, and laughed like crazy at the funny parts. Don't you find that unusual?"

"Yes," she replied. "I find it very unusual. Especially considering that he hated the book!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyFri May 23, 2008 7:43 am

:dance1:

Spring, he can run, but he can't hide! lol

WD, loved the dog jokes!
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs EmptyFri May 23, 2008 10:40 am

WD the jokes were hilarious. BTM, Jack looks like he's running for his life! He's a cutie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dogs to Cats to Dogs   Dogs to Cats to Dogs Empty

Back to top Go down

Dogs to Cats to Dogs
Page 1 of 1