Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
cherokee medicine man EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
cherokee medicine man EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
cherokee medicine man EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
cherokee medicine man EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
cherokee medicine man EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
cherokee medicine man EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
cherokee medicine man EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
cherokee medicine man EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
cherokee medicine man EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

cherokee medicine man

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
elk

elk

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-08-30

cherokee medicine man Empty
PostSubject: cherokee medicine man   cherokee medicine man EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:05 pm

hi. was wondering if there was a way to find a cherokee medicine man? my wife is working with an elderly man who, according to western medicine, has mental problems.....

when he has a drink he sees a white horse, which is associated with death? and there seems to be a connection to his daughter.. thats all i know.

the story is, his father was a medicine man and he would like to understand the symbols coming to him from his tradition.

if you have any suggestions it would be very much appreciated all the way over here in Australia. love elk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cherokee medicine man   cherokee medicine man EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Elk, I could check around....but I think Jhodi might know someone....
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: cherokee medicine man   cherokee medicine man EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 7:12 pm

My Cherokee brother, Ahoya would say the horse is for journeying to soul realm, not necessarily physical death. More often than not, it is going "back" to our dreamtime where all is spirit. Most white horse symbol is feminine, as well as a pony, rather than a stallion. Would need to know more about the "feel" of the horse to the dreamer", to determine full meaning of dream/vision. If the elderly man is "in mental way" of traveling, he may simply be going deeper. If this is his first time, elkskin medicine (drumskin used for strength) might be better (better meaning daughter and him DON'T want him to "dream journey into the final place where white mustang/pony drumming (and associated symbolism) takes us: Known by many names, most accurate here could be The goddess of white ponies herself, EPONA who takes us to The Summerlands while beating horseskin drums (The place where the Celtic people hear the hoofbeats of one's ancestors, who hold council. Everyone there is happy in the meadow where world of spirit is always in full blossom).

(Closest esoteric christian/judaic association heaven/shamballah)
Back to top Go down
jhodi

jhodi

Female
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: cherokee medicine man   cherokee medicine man EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 11:04 am

This is the blog site for a medicine man with whom I have had personal experience.

http://greatmysteryalliance.blogspot.com/

Isn't it a crazy world when we can find our medicine men on the world wide web? hahah

I did find him the old fashioned way...and its a long story. One of those sacred path synchronistic tales of adventure.

Rob and Melissa I am ready whenever you are for a road trip! :byebye: :byebye: :byebye:
Back to top Go down
elk

elk

Male

PostSubject: Re: cherokee medicine man   cherokee medicine man EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 2:45 am

thanks everyone for your information. i have passed it on. sorry i couldnt give you any more about the situation as i just dont know and my wife is bound witha work confidentiality thing. love elk
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: cherokee medicine man   cherokee medicine man EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:08 am

Elk I know I am late with this, but I found this information for you. I hope it helps:

Quote :
The Hebrew word for horse means "to explain," which equates the animal with the human intellect. The Latin equus resolves into the light of the great mind or soul. Many of the old Germanic tribes used horses for purposes of divination, believing the sacred beasts to be more in contact with the gods than were the priests.

Although the creature had been predicted by many Native American prophets, few tribespeople were prepared for their first encounter with the awesome animal that Coronado and the Spanish conquistadors brought to the plains in 1541. The eastern tribes and Iroquois Confederacy did not have their visions of the strange beast realized until the early 1600s. Because the Blackfeet had no words to describe such animals, and because they thought that the weird four-leggeds looked more like elk than anything else, they called them Medicine Elk. The horse quickly became a sacred and prized possession of the Native American people, just as it had been to the tribes of Europe and Asia.

For many Native American tribes, to see a vision of a great, white horse is to have seen the symbol of Death coming to take you to the land of the Grandparents. The association of a white horse seems to have taken on this universal image.
Back to top Go down
elk

elk

Male

PostSubject: Re: cherokee medicine man   cherokee medicine man EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:35 pm

thanks spring. interesting that the horse was called medicine elk! and the history is good for me, my chinese astrology sign is the fire horse. there have been many times thru my life that a horse has come to me.

it seems the elderly gentleman that my wife is seeking to assist, had a daughter pass over to spirit. so it seems the spiritual significance of the white horse is accurate. much appreciated. love elk
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: cherokee medicine man   cherokee medicine man EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:39 pm

Elk I also found it very significant that the horse was called Medicine Elk in relation to your inquiry. Very enlightening how the spirit works to reveal.

Blessings
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: cherokee medicine man   cherokee medicine man EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:47 pm

Yes, Medicine Elk, Two of my guides, White Elk and Standing Elk are speaking to me now, sending you wisdom, strength, a place of nobility and pride as you continue your journey. Elk people are very powerful when they GUARD THE MEDICINE LODGE. IT IS BEING REBUILT!!!!

cherokee medicine man Elkspe10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cherokee medicine man   cherokee medicine man Empty

Back to top Go down

cherokee medicine man
Page 1 of 1