Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Empty
PostSubject: MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t   MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 3:32 pm

My youngest just came home with a note from school saying that a child in the school has been diagnosed with MRSA, the super bug staph infection.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t   MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 4:29 pm

BTM, have you heard of Young Living essential oils? They have a blend called Thieves that will kill it. If you don't know of a distirbutor pm me and I will get you the information. Don't sweat something that hasn't happened. i.e. your son coming down with it. keep calm. pm me
Back to top Go down

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t   MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 5:13 pm

Thank you so much, MID. After researching it a bit, it really isn't that big of a deal. It has been successfully treated with vancomicin, which I am very familar with, due to Chris' frequent infections while on chemo. I will say though, the school seems to have gone to extreme lengths to rid the environment of any lingering staph. Kudos to them, but I'm afraid it's too little too late. It's already been spread. Unfortunately, the school will not release the grade of the child involved so that those of us that have children in that grade can take extra precautions. Again, it's probably too little too late anyway. Staph infections fester and linger for quite awhile, and who knows how soon the parent noticed it? It's not their fault, who would think to look for such a thing? The MRSA is susceptible to alcohol based disinfectants, which is a really good thing.

I'm not freaking out now, but when I got the note, I have to say, it was quite a shock. Apparently the school is fielding a lot of calls this afternoon! lol....
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t   MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 10:32 pm

BTM don't be too nonchalant about this. I contracted it in the hospital when I was taking chemo and I almost died. I was in there for 3 months. It is horrifying. My hubby's aunt got it in her back after surgery and that hole was about the size of a dinner plate. She literally died from it. I am not kidding.

Make sure he keeps hand sanitizer with him in one of those small bottles. Tell him to use it continuously. Those kids touch the desks, the chairs - everything. I was in the library once and I saw this jerk blow his nose and then rub it on the table. I was furious, but it makes you wonder how many people do this when nobody sees them.

Since I had that mess I am close to being a germaphobe - if that is even a word!

This freaks me out! Tell your son not to touch anything without wiping his hands after.
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

Male
Number of posts : 423
Humor : Decent

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t   MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 1:52 am

If you're gonna visit the hospital...

ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t   MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 12:01 pm

Btm,

If you don't have some already, get some colloidal silver, and give him about 1/2 to one teasoon a day depending on the ppm. There is a company called Herbal Healer Acadamy, they are in Mountain View Arkansas. They have 500 ppm and sell at very reasonable prices. The web address is www.herbalhealer.com. They also carry lots of other things at great prices, inclluding the 4 herb tea essiac for cancer (its great for lots of other things too.
Back to top Go down

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t   MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 12:25 pm

Thank you MID ~ so much!

I am leery of collidial silver because of the people that have turned blue from ingesting it....but....nonetheless, if the situation becomes serious enough, I am willing to try anything. Right now, I've just wiped down doorknobs and most touch surfaces with alcohol....but again, from what I understand, MRSA spreads quickly and easily....and who knows how long the infected child had it? It really irks me that the school won't release any further information about what grade the child was in. If the child was in my kid's class, shouldn't I have a right to know that? I understand about protecting people's privacy, and I certainly wouldn't want the infected child to become some sort of pariah, but at the same time, my child's health is at risk, along with the health of my other children. Fortunately, Christopher is no longer immuno-supressed, meaning he tolerates bacteria and viruses as well as any healthy person, so it's not a huge threat for him....unlike Spring, when she was on chemo.....that is when it gets really dangerous.....and life-threatening.

Spring, I had to laugh at your post about being a germ-a-phobe. Me too, but I've gotten better over the years....There is something about being on chemo that does that to a person. We are all avid hand-washers in this house, it comes from the days of having to wash before and after entering Chris' room, or even touching him. And after transplant, well, my gosh, I had no idea there were so many things that carried germs that could kill a person with no immune system. No live plants, no stuffed animals, only the first serving out of any canned food or ice cream container...absolutely no food that had been opened or stored in any fashion. No fresh fruits or veggies, no honey, absolutely no pork product....and on and on....and don't even think about touching any kind of dirt or mud, or being around a construction site. Not to mention being in a crowd of people, like at the grocery store. Forget it! *sigh* I'm glad those days are over.

Anyway, this is just a watch and see situation, and MID, I so appreciate your help on the resources! I'm thinking maybe those essential oils are a good thing to have on hand anyway....you know, along with the lipstick & perfume! lol
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t   MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 12:54 pm

I am still freaked out over this. I could not stop thinking about it. My sons are grown, but if they would have sent a note home like that I think I would have kept them home from school, or at the very least they would have been in one of those Haz Mat suits walking around the school.

I am not kidding BTM - this really just freaks me out to the max. I can't think of a thing to keep your son safe, other than the hand sanitizer. Tell him to even rub it on his face. They say that MRSA gets in the nose and breeds there. I just read that somewhere.

Back to top Go down

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t   MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 1:59 pm

That's funny, Jack keeps asking if he can stay home from school on Monday! Now I'm wondering if maybe that's an excellent idea....however, I just had a friend over who is a nurse, and she said that MRSA doesn't live that long on surfaces. And that's what I was thinking, that it's already too late. If he is going to contract it, he has it already. That's what sucks. We shall see. I wonder how many other children this week at that schol will be diagnosed with it?

Meanwhile...here's Chris in his 'germ-a-phobe' mask! lol...With a few mommy enhancements! Gotta do all you can to make cancer fun, doncha know...

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Grad13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t   MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t Empty

Back to top Go down

MRSA ~ Oh Sh*t
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twohawk's Nest :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: