Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
At peace with myself EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
At peace with myself EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
At peace with myself EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
At peace with myself EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
At peace with myself EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
At peace with myself EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
At peace with myself EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
At peace with myself EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
At peace with myself EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

At peace with myself

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Osiris

Osiris

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2007-08-06

At peace with myself Empty
PostSubject: At peace with myself   At peace with myself EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 10:35 pm

With all the buzz of what is happening in the World around us and what has been predicted that will happen, are we as individuals making ready your mental well being for what is to come. I know some are just scarred to death of what they may have to face in the months and years to come. I have found inner peace many years ago accepting that I may not be able to change the outcome of what life has dealt me, but I know that I can take whatever is on my plate at the time and always do my best to get through it. You have to always think positive, I Can, I Can ,I Can, never give up when reason and logic say's you should. We as humans work better as a team and usually do not grasp this idea until we are put into a situation where the only time we come together is after a disaster strikes and everyone seems to make it through it all with a helping hand from the people that live around us. I have personally lived through many disasters and was astonished how well everyone came together in our time of need. So feel assured, whatever comes your way, know that you can deal with whatever life throws at you. I found this peace sitting on a Minuteman Missile site in South Dakota one afternoon back in 1987. I knew that if the missile ever came out of the silo, it would kill millions of innocent people. I always struggled with that fact, realizing that there was not a thing I could do to change the outcome of the destructive power of the weapon if it ever flew. I spent 15 years in the Air Force and 8 years in minuteman missiles. In my last 2 years, we dismantled 150 minuteman missiles that would no longer be used for that destructive end. You see, I placed my burdens in God's hands, which led me to find inner peace.
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: At peace with myself   At peace with myself EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 5:10 pm

Osiris,

It is wonderful that you have found that peace. Many do not have that, and many do not realize that they need it. My grandmother always tells us there are only two rules in life:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff
2. Everything is the small stuff

Worrying over things only helps one thing, wrinkles. The only thing that helps stop things is action, whether it be physically doing something, or asking God (which is not necessarily the easy thing to do, ego plays a bigger role than most think.) Which in your case with the missles, you did both. Congratulations, it takes courage, no matter which route you take to help put an end to things, and courage is something you are in abundance of, Osiris, and I am happy to know someone such as you.
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male

PostSubject: Re: At peace with myself   At peace with myself EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 11:18 pm

Hi Corin,
I have had most of the same fears growing up as most everyone, but one that easy for me to overcome was the fear of death. I know now, without a doubt in my mind, that even though our physical bodies die, our spiritual body just goes on to the other side when we pass. With that being said, It was just a matter of time when I could beat all of my fears. When I first got on top of an elevator, I hyperventalated because I had a fear of heights. Since then, I have stood on top of the Sears tower just a foot from the edge of the building that only has a 16 inch ledge so that an automated window cleaner can clear the top as it makes it's way over the side of the building. If I had a hang glider at the time, I would have jumped, no more fear of heights. I now maintain Elevators for a living. It is a very calming feeling being at peace and it has allowed me to grow as a person.
I know that what ever happens in our future, I am mentally ready to meet it head on and stay calm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At peace with myself   At peace with myself EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 6:24 am

Thank you, Osirus, your story of overcoming fear is inspiring....and a great reminder to us all! I agree with Corin, I am glad to know someone such as yourself, Osirus. It's interesting ~ Two and I were having a conversation yesterday about inner strength ~ and I am a firm believer that each and every person has an amazing reserve of strength that shows up when it's needed. Many people think they don't have what it takes to go through tremendous adversity, but I know and have seen it, time and again, that indeed, every person has that strength and will already inside of them ~ every person is already equipped to face trials, trouble and tribulations.

Corin, I used to say "Don't sweat the small stuff," it was my personal slogan....I hadn't heard the second part..."It's ALL small stuff." lol...
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male

PostSubject: Re: At peace with myself   At peace with myself EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 1:58 pm

Hey there BTM,
You guy's are right, we all have that inner strength in us, we just need to find out individually what it takes to let it surface. I live each day like it's my last, so I only get about four hours sleep each day trying to get every second that I can out of it. I am very thankful for each morning that I wake up to a new day and infinate possibilities.
I realize that I have been here many times before, and this time around I have found my mate early on at the age of 13 and now we are 49. We were definately brought together for a purpose and have acheived many rewarding things together such as adopting a child just five day's old, and haveing two more from our marriage. I can say this about adoption, We love our children all the same even though my wife only delivered two of them. I do everything I can for my children who are: Nicole 23 Philipino, Joshua 21 our adoptive Son so you know, Andrea 15 Wife delivered, and Morgan 12 Wife Delivered. As you can see by the first child Nicole, goes to show that we are all human and volnerable at times, She is my illigitamate Daughter, but still my precious one and I hate that word illigitamate. Being in the military has it's own stress on the family and we just happen to grow apart and was in the process of getting a divorce when Nicole happened and did not help matters at the time. We decided to work it out and find that love that brought us together in the first place. My wife who is so special to me had forgiven my transgressions and accepted Nicole as her step Daughter. Nicole is married and has three children of her own and her first was adopted. She and her husband and their band travel all over asia for a living and is even an extra this week on a Philipine TV sitcom. I tell each of my children that they can be anything they want to be in life, all it take's is a positive attitude, never saying the word I can't, and effort on their part.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: At peace with myself   At peace with myself EmptyWed Oct 10, 2007 5:25 pm

Osiris you put into words something that I have a very hard time conveying. We all need to come to an understanding and make peace with our mortality and take life as it is, and for what is dealt to us. Corin is absolutely right. Everything is small stuff in the overall scheme of things. Not one of us is getting out alive. There are some things that we just have no control over, so why sweat it.

I believe that is where the fear comes in. The fear of death. Doom scenarios bring on that fear in full force. I came to terms years ago with that fear when I went through my cancer period. It was a trial by fire, but I put my life in God's hands and decided what will be will be. I then put on the most positive attitude I could muster and trudged ahead. I am free and clear now, but it was very close. I was not afraid because I know death is only a transition.

I have to tell you Osiris that you are very blessed to have the wonderful wife that you do. Most women would not tolerate an illegitimate child because of the remembrance of the pain of infidelity that child would bring. She is special and to be admired. Tell her I do believe she is an angel on this earth. There are many and she is definitely one of them.

I wish you both many blessings, and many more happy years together.

Spring
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male

PostSubject: Re: At peace with myself   At peace with myself EmptyWed Oct 10, 2007 7:43 pm

Spring,
If everyone could veiw death as a transition as we do, it would make life's journey truely awe inspiring. Yes my wife is special and at that time of turbulance in our life, we some how grew apart from each other. It was something very special that brought us together at the age of 13, and we were not going to give into whatever it was that was placing a wedge between us. The journey of reconciliation was not an easy one, but one that we both chose to endure. Yes, my wife is an angel in my eye's and has the gift of seeing. Yes she could describe every event that has happened in my life to the last detail, in real time as they are happening no matter if we are thousands of miles away from each other. I will just let your mind go with that. So it was not such a surprise to her with the Philippines. I want her to experiance this forum and share her experiances. She is one of the most giving people that I know.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: At peace with myself   At peace with myself EmptyWed Oct 10, 2007 7:47 pm

Osiris you two are real soul mates. To endure what you both have been through and still retain the love between you is inspiring. What wonderful spirits and souls you both are. You certainly don't hear of that kind of love too much anymore. I love a childhood sweetheart story. It warms the heart.
Back to top Go down
twohawks
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 236
Humor : None
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: At peace with myself   At peace with myself EmptyThu Oct 11, 2007 10:47 pm

Osiris , I would like to add that what you and your wife share is rare and I feel blessed that you have shared it with us here at the nest. I don't think that anyone of us have been neglected in our experiances and opertunities for growth, however to be able to read a success story like your's is truely awe inspireing. We thank you for that again and again! It warms the shackles
Twohawks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At peace with myself   At peace with myself Empty

Back to top Go down

At peace with myself
Page 1 of 1