Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Silver Belles EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Silver Belles EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Silver Belles EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Silver Belles EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Silver Belles EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Silver Belles EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Silver Belles EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Silver Belles EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Silver Belles EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Silver Belles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Silver Belles Empty
PostSubject: Silver Belles   Silver Belles EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:34 pm

From Alan Cohen's newsletter

Passion for Life

I saw a fascinating movie that showed me why and how people live long and well. Been Rich All my Life chronicles the careers of a group of women who were chorus line dancers in Harlem in the 1930's and 1940's. Amazingly, they are still dancing! Now in their 80's and 90's, they have formed a small troupe called The Silver Belles, which performs for packed houses and standing ovations.

Watching their story, it was clear to me that these women, still in remarkably good health, have thrived because they love to dance and perform. They have upbeat attitudes, laugh a lot, and love each other as dear lifelong friends. A few of them have overcome cancer; one has a pacemaker; one worked on the Alaskan pipeline; and one fell in love with her soulmate and married him at the age of 70. One of the ladies fell down a subway stairway at the age of 85, injured her leg seriously, and rehabilitated herself to come back and dance. These women are enthusiastically in life for the distance, and life has blessed them to the extent that they find joy and purpose. A great model for us all!

I am reminded of the mansion built by Sarah William Winchester, the heiress to the fortune of Oliver Winchester, who developed the famous rifle. Ms. Winchester believed that in order to stay alive, she had to keep adding rooms to her mansion. So for her entire life there was always a construction project going on, until now there are 160 rooms in the house! While Ms. Winchester's project can be described as superstitious, there is a metaphysical principle behind her efforts: To stay alive, healthy, and happy, we need some project or endeavor that gets our creative juices flowing. Positive visions and joyful undertakings are life-giving. Put simply, if you have something to live for, life comes easily and naturally.

The Silver Belles have never retired from life. They are picking up steam as they go along. This is far closer to how we were meant to live than declining and fading away. We need to revisit the assumptions we have been taught about aging, career, and purpose. A life well-lived increases in purpose. If life is a dance, we can kick and tap in a club that never really closes.

Alan
Back to top Go down

Silver Belles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twohawk's Nest :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: