Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. Empty
PostSubject: WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody.   WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 3:06 pm

I can never forget reading from "Essential Rumi", by Coleman Barks and John Moynaham one of his poems where he says "Now that you have read my poem, Go Home! Leave my words where you found them. They live at a different address than yours!"

SO MUCH POWER IN WORDS IF WE SPEND TIME WITH THEM AS FRIENDS!!!! In a wonderful friendship, one finds great comfort and uplift when one listens and admires friend and his or her words. SO MUCH POWER IS DIFFUSED, NEUTRALIZED, EVEN AMONG FRIENDS when the relationship between word/listener/orator becomes strained.

Native Americans have always used talking sticks when sitting around The Wisdom Fire to help the "listening" situation. Some place the talking stick in the center of the circle. One, when inspired by spirit, gets up from comfortable sitting position, goes to center, picks up stick, talks, sets stick down and returns to circle....next person does the same....
Other tribes begin with Chief talking, finishes, passes stick to person on the left, and so on. You pass the stick to the next person if you have nothing to say....and so on....

What I like about this method is that one really learns HOW TO LISTEN. Sometimes, when stick comes to you, you have already forgotten what you wanted to say in the first place.....

MOST IMPORTANT: THIS WISDOM CIRCLE IS NEVER-ENDING, THE FLAME IS ALWAYS BURNING, THE SEATS AROUND THE FIRE ARE ALWAYS FILLED. THIS CIRCLE IS THE ANCESTORS HOME, IS WHERE SUPREME MYSTERY ALWAYS ADMINISTERS AND GIVES THE GO AHEAD, SPEAK YOUR PEACE COMMAND. AHO!
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody.   WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody. EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 3:28 pm

Wild Dove my Grandmother had a taking stick. We could not talk until it was passed to us - no exceptions! I loved it.

Quote :
"Now that you have read my poem, Go Home! Leave my words where you found them. They live at a different address than yours!"

The above just cracked me up. How true!
Back to top Go down

WORDS:Tryin' to reach out and touch somebody.
Page 1 of 1