Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Swarm of Quakes at Baja EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Swarm of Quakes at Baja EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Swarm of Quakes at Baja EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Swarm of Quakes at Baja EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Swarm of Quakes at Baja EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Swarm of Quakes at Baja EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Swarm of Quakes at Baja EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Swarm of Quakes at Baja EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Swarm of Quakes at Baja EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Swarm of Quakes at Baja

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Swarm of Quakes at Baja Empty
PostSubject: Swarm of Quakes at Baja   Swarm of Quakes at Baja EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 9:18 pm

JUST IN - Extremely Rare Larger Quake

from "Swarm" at Baja California
by Mitch Battros - Earth Changes Media

This is capturing the attention of geologist, seismologist, and volcanologist from all over the world. It is extremely rare to see such high magnitude eruptions this far into a "swarm". There have now been close to 200 quakes at the summit of Cerro Prieto volcano.

The USGS has just released a report of a 5.0 magnitude quake at Cerro Prieto. The Cerro Prieto volcano has been dormant for at least 10,000 years, but that may all change any day. What certainly peaks my interest is the of course the timing of this event. The start of this swarm began within the 24 day window which surrounds a Full Lunar Eclipse.

Swarm of Quakes at Baja Cerro_10
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Swarm of Quakes at Baja Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swarm of Quakes at Baja   Swarm of Quakes at Baja EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 9:29 am

Strong quake shakes Calif.-Mexico border Tue Feb 19, 11:26 PM ET

CALEXICO, Calif. - A powerful earthquake centered in northern Baja California shook the U.S.-Mexico border region about 100 miles east of San Diego on Tuesday.

There were no immediate reports of any injuries or damage, authorities said. Authorities in Mexico said they were checking for injuries or damage.

The quake, which struck at 2:41 p.m., was centered 21 miles southeast of Calexico, a U.S. border city of more than 37,000 residents, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The U.S. Geological Survey reported the quake was magnitude 5.0 but USGS geophysicist Rafael Abreu said it occurred in the area of a seismic network operated by Mexico which put it at 5.3.

Such differing magnitude reports and later adjustments of magnitude are common.

Calexico resident Enrique Alvarado said he leapt away from a plate-glass window in his office as the shaking began.

"It was a little scary — you stand in the doorways," said Alvarado, who runs a vocational school. "I estimate it went on 25 or 30 seconds, but it feels like an eternity when you're in it."

Three other quakes with magnitudes of 5.4, 5.1 and 5.0 have rattled the area in the past two weeks, causing blackouts and temporarily knocking out cell phone service.

Some Calexico residents who are used to the region's frequent quakes said they're rattled by the recent ones.

"A lot of my neighbors and co-workers, people in two-story homes, tell me they've been sleeping on the ground floor," said Cesar Aguilar, manager of a duty-free shop. "Me, my wife and kids are all sleeping together in the same room."

Customers have been stocking up on water, batteries, camping equipment and dry food at the local Wal-Mart.

"We ran out of flashlights," assistant manager Manuel Martinez said. "We're calling different places to order some more."

Calexico Fire Chief Peter Mercado said some residents were overreacting to the recent earthquakes because they're influenced by radio reports from Mexicali, where some structures have been visibly damaged by earthquake activity.

Following one moderate quake last week, up to 30 residents of a three-story retirement home went outside and huddled in the cold, refusing to return to their homes, Mercado said.

"We inspected the building and tried to reassure them that they're safer in the building than outside," he said.
Back to top Go down

Swarm of Quakes at Baja
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twohawk's Nest :: Earth events :: Earthquakes-
Jump to: