Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
It's Snowing! EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
It's Snowing! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
It's Snowing! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
It's Snowing! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
It's Snowing! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
It's Snowing! EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
It's Snowing! EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
It's Snowing! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
It's Snowing! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

It's Snowing!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

It's Snowing! Empty
PostSubject: It's Snowing!   It's Snowing! EmptySat Dec 15, 2007 8:52 am

Normally, I would rejoice that it's snowing, but there are still so many here in OKC without power.

pray
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

It's Snowing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Snowing!   It's Snowing! EmptySun Dec 16, 2007 5:33 pm

It got down to around 15 degrees here last night. I was fortunate enough to get my power back on last night. I was prepared to eal with it though. I used lots of blankets and had 6 dogs and 3 cats in bed with me at all times.
Back to top Go down

It's Snowing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Snowing!   It's Snowing! EmptySun Dec 16, 2007 7:40 pm

I'm so glad you are ok, MID. The snow here has all but melted, there is very little left. Thank goodness we were spared during this go round. There are still 100,000 people here without power.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

It's Snowing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Snowing!   It's Snowing! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2007 8:51 am

I feel for them. I hope they at least have gas stoves and/or hot water heaters. That little bit can make a world of difference. I was so happy to get the coleman stove so I could heat water for tea and washing.
Back to top Go down
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2007-08-07

It's Snowing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Snowing!   It's Snowing! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2007 11:30 am

After receiving a foot of snow in the last 24 hours, I am so glad to see it stop! I opened my door to leave for work this morning, and the snow was up to my knees on the deck! My son had no school as they cancelled so I left him a note and said, guess what? You have snow to shovel! And then thankfully my road was plowed so I made it to work safely. Now the sun is shining but there is still some blowing snow. And this is just the beginning..... Stay tune for the next blizzard... soon to come.

Always,
LittleFire
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/joanne_jjl

It's Snowing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Snowing!   It's Snowing! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 7:32 am

Geez Louise! A foot of snow? Oh my! At least here when it snows it melts rather quickly. I cannot fathom having that much snow and then more piled on top of it, week after week. LittleFire, is this unusual for your area this time of year, I mean have the snows come early?
Back to top Go down
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female

It's Snowing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Snowing!   It's Snowing! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 11:15 am

Actually it is way too soon to have that much snow at this time of the year, and temperatures have been dropping also to very cold nights. But now it says that this weekend we are expecting rain and 37 degrees F.

Being that I live out in the country, I made sure I had plenty of candles, my coleman stove is ready and lots of blankets. As for a generator my neighbor bought a big one and will share it together, a few hours for me, a few hours for him and his family. That will help.

When we had the ice storm of 1998, where I live now, there was no power for 3 entire weeks. It was very hard being that this happened in January! So I am preparing for the worst.

Always,
LittleFire
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

It's Snowing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Snowing!   It's Snowing! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 11:18 pm

Little Fire, how did you manage without power for 3 weeks!!!??? Do you have gas or propane in your house? I don't know if I could last that long. Its funny though, how we always seem to manage somehow even when we think we can't. We just deal with it. I'm glad your neighbor is willing to share the generator with you. If I get one I won't run it all the time. I've heard it can cost as much as $30.00 a day in gas, I wouldn't be able to afford to. Do you have your hot water heater wrapped in one of those "blankets". I nursed my hot water and had at least warm water for almost the whole week. I only used it to wash my hands and dishes. Don't forget extra propane for your stove. I don't know how long they last. I didn't have much chance to use mine since I got it so late. Hang in there and let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
Back to top Go down
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female

It's Snowing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Snowing!   It's Snowing! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 11:18 am

Well, how I survived is quite easy. I barbecue year round, which the barbecue is on my deck so the snow and Ice is cleared right to the barbecue. So I cooked all the meals and boiled water for coffee and such using the barbecue, I have a spare full propane tank as well.

My hot water tank does have a blanket around, and all my pipes all have a blanket wrapped also to prevent freezing. You learn quickly when you live out in the country in the middle of nowhere!

Believe it or not, I even used my fondue set and warmed soup with it, it made it pleasant for everyone that way! As for lighting, being that I am an avid camper, I had my hurricane lanterns ready at hand. I have also a crank up radio as well to listen to any news. I would boil some water, fill up some hot water bottles and we would warm up the beds with them before going to bed, it worked perfectly!
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

It's Snowing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Snowing!   It's Snowing! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 1:57 pm

Sounds like you've got a lot of experience at this sort of thing. I have a grill and cooked a steak for lunch one day because it had thawed. i bought an extra bag of charcoal just in case but never needed it. I hope you don't need to do that this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's Snowing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Snowing!   It's Snowing! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Snowing!
Page 1 of 1