Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts   Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptyFri Sep 21, 2007 7:43 am

Sponsored by GURNEE, IL–On the surface, the home of John and Beth Secora looks just like any other suburban residence. But this seemingly ordinary dwelling harbors a secret: It is haunted by two incredibly boring ghosts.

Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts Onion_news396_article

The dull apparitions sit around the Secoras' living room.

"They really don't do much," Beth said. "Once in a while, John and I will see our Uno cards spread out all over the kitchen table or the refrigerator door left slightly ajar. If we go out on a Sunday afternoon, sometimes we come back to find a few coupons clipped out of the newspaper for things we never use, like cream of mushroom soup or Metamucil. As haunting goes, it's pretty tame stuff."

The couple first felt an otherworldly presence just days after moving into the home in November 2002.

"We would feel this slowly increasing chill, like someone else was in the room with us," Beth said. "Then, we'd notice that even though we set the thermostat at 72 degrees, someone or something had turned it down to 68. We'd turn it up, and they'd turn it back down. We finally just gave up and started wearing sweaters."

Determined to rid their house of the mundane wraiths, the Secoras enlisted the help of psychic Mary Harrow.

"We held a séance in our living room, using a Ouija board to ask them questions," John said. "We made contact, but rather than give us yes-or-no answers, they would blather on about how their daughter in Maine never calls or argue about the location of the good pot-roast pan. After about 10 minutes, we felt one of the spirits leave the room to turn on the TV in the den and watch the PGA Masters."

After the séance, the ghosts–who Harrow suspects are the home's previous owners, a middle-aged couple who died of radon poisoning–began leaving more evidence of their presence. Among the signs were an improperly re-coiled garden hose and an uncapped toothpaste tube, as well as cryptic messages left on the steamed-up bathroom mirror, including, "We're almost out of toilet paper."

In March, after four months of disturbances, the Secoras began to hear voices.

"One day at breakfast, we heard a disembodied male voice groaning, 'Honeeey, where are my dress socks?'" John said. "It went on like that for almost an hour. We left out dress socks of all colors, but to no avail. Then, we started hearing more messages from beyond: 'Have you seen my keys?' 'Get almonds when you go to the store.' 'Did you pick up my suit from the cleaners?' Nothing remotely spooky or even interesting."

In spite of the ghosts' inoffensive personalities and overall unintrusiveness, Beth and John say they are near the end of their rope.

"Something has to be done," Beth said. "It's like having a party guest that shows up too early and stays too late but doesn't drink and doesn't have anything to say. If we have to be haunted, the least they could do is toss some plates around or do something to liven things up."

"Whenever anyone finds out that our house is possessed by ghosts, they always act like it's a big deal, but believe me, it isn't," John said. "Unless you consider some invisible force dusting an endtable or flipping through the Sunday Pennysaver scary."
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts   Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptySat Sep 22, 2007 11:56 am

That is hilarious. They obviously don't know they are dead. She must not have been a very good psychic if she didn't know how to sendthem on their way.
Back to top Go down
Tautog

Tautog

Number of posts : 46
Humor : Arrived
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts   Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 11:47 am

Is this from The Onion? I am almost sure it is. It's humor, not a real story.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts   Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 6:25 am

Tautog, it is from The Onion, but it is hysterical.

I think I know those people! :laugh4:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts   Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 6:45 am

Yes, it's from the Onion! (Sorry, I forgot to cite it.) It's my favorite "news" source, sometimes more reliable and insightful than CNN, Fox or the alphabet stations. It's even better, in my opinion, than the Drudge Report. Haha!

gif03
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts   Suburban Home Haunted By Really Boring Ghosts Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1