Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Here's one for ya EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Here's one for ya EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Here's one for ya EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Here's one for ya EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Here's one for ya EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Here's one for ya EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Here's one for ya EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Here's one for ya EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Here's one for ya EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Here's one for ya

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
corin

corin

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Here's one for ya   Here's one for ya EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 10:34 am

My mama has been working at a day care center for the past couple of months. Since school started, she has been taking care of the school agers after school until the parents get there. She asked me if I wanted my kids to learn anything other than school stuff, what would it be. I told her to calm themselves and listen to the world around them. Weeeelllllllll.......

She started teaching the kids how to settle down, and breathe deeply, and to imagine a happy place, and then asked them to describe their happy olace to the class. The next week, she began taking them outside, and doing the same thing except now, they were supposed to close their eyes and listen, then when they opened their eyes, tell everyone what they heard while their eyes were closed. I thought this was a great idea, who wouldn't, right?
Weeeeeellllllll......

The phone calls started pouring in from parents who were VERY upset that the owner would allow such things in her school, and threatening to take their kids out of the school, if my mama wasn't removed from that class.

I thought Mom was joking when she told me this...I actually laughed.......then she told me she was serious....a couple of parents even wanted her fired for teaching their children to meditate.

Now, I just don't get this....am I goofy, or is this just (and I don't use this word much, I don't even let my kids say it) pure, unadulterated stupidity?

I just needed to vent I think this is ridiculous, not just because its my mother, but because I would be tickled to death for someone to teach this to my children.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's one for ya   Here's one for ya EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 10:49 am

Corin how lovely of you to think of this for the children. It is a wonderful exercise for them to experience the world around them in a new light, other than purely materialistic and what they see on the television.

I am appalled by the parents of these poor children, but therein lies the problem with this generation of children. I fully understand there was no religion or mention of God in this harmless meditation exercise, but some people just cannot accept that are other avenues to the pure conscious state, and it is a must for our children to learn these things.

The parents are so focused on the material that they have lost sight of the progression of the spirit and the soul. These children will grow up with emotional disabilities from the ego of self gratification.

Another thing that they are teaching these kids is that all they have to do is complain about whatever they view as "politically incorrect" and the issue becomes very large, and all about the self - again.

Corin whatever has happened to tolerance? I mean what in the world are these parents thinking? It is not like someone is forcing Islamist views or even Christian views on their children. What do they want your Mother to do? Sit them in front of the TV, or a video game?
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

Female

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's one for ya   Here's one for ya EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 11:14 am

Actually, Spring, that's exactly it....they want them watching TV, playing video games.....one of the mothers actually complained that Mom MADE her son WALK....god forbid....Mom said she only walked them around the playground.....

There is no tolerence....the area that I live is mostly fundlementalist christians....anything different or out of the ordinary is not accepted, period. The thing is, Mom wasn't really tring to teach them to meditate. My brother has ADD (or at least that's what the Drs used to tell Mom) and we used these methods to teach him to calm himself down. Now, as an adult, he knows when he starts getting to wild, and what to do to calm himself....which is the point as far as Mom is concerned for the kids she looks after (was looking after). And, no, there wasn't mention of any religion at all, Mom never forced religion on me and my brother, she certainly never would on someone elses.

It just blows my mind that people react this way. Even doctors are beginning to acknowledge the positive effects of this sort of thing on the human body.

It just shows how much work there is yet to be done. Maybe that was the lesson for me......
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's one for ya   Here's one for ya EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 11:30 am

Quote :
Actually, Spring, that's exactly it....they want them watching TV, playing video games.....one of the mothers actually complained that Mom MADE her son WALK....god forbid....Mom said she only walked them around the playground.....

Well, there you go again - this is exactly why this generation of children are the most obese ever, and are suffering diabetes at earlier and earlier ages. No physical exertion, no spiritual or emotional training, and all about comfort. Excuse me, if poor junior has to get up and walk. Why not just get them Segways to even go to the bathroom?

Sorry Corin, but this upsets me.

You are right - there is definitely a lot of work to be accomplished yet!

Tell your dear Mother not to back down. She is right on track with the principles she is trying to instill in these children, and obviously they are not going to get that type of guidance at home.
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

Female

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's one for ya   Here's one for ya EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 12:38 pm

Spring, it upsets me too...the parents wonder why their kids are lazy, and uninspired, but refuse to look at the way they are raising them. "I can't possibly be my fault." I confess, I'm not perfect, but my kids know the things that are important, and what's 'just nice to have'.

and don't worry about Mom....I got my..... ummm what's a politie way to put this.....determination, from her. The owner did go ahead and move her to a different room, but she still has an age group that is capable of learning....I have to smile.....They'll just learn at a younger age....lol.
Back to top Go down
twohawks
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 236
Humor : None
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's one for ya   Here's one for ya EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 7:30 pm

Oh boy don't get me started....if ignorance wern't so prevelant in our society today, there'd be no need to have to suffer through such an unawake administration as we have found ourselves with...however these are the times we live and the challanges we face and by doing so as examples first we offer the best defense to such ignorance. There will unfortunatly be those that will never get it, not in this life time. For them I can only prey and send a resounding "WAKE UP" in my prayer.
Thanks for sharing that Corin!!!
P.S. It blows my mind that becoming aware of ones own God Gifted senses...ie. hearing, smelling, breathing, has now become the work of the devil....sheesh!!!
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

Female

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's one for ya   Here's one for ya EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 6:01 am

twohawks wrote:

P.S. It blows my mind that becoming aware of ones own God Gifted senses...ie. hearing, smelling, breathing, has now become the work of the devil....sheesh!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself, Two
Back to top Go down

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's one for ya   Here's one for ya EmptyWed Sep 19, 2007 1:28 pm

Well, now see, maybe the parents WANTED religion shoved down their little precious children's throats. lol. Your mom could've told the kids that they were going "Jesus Walking" and everything would've been fine with the parents. She could've told the parents that she was teaching the children how to "shake the dust of their sandals and move on." shades

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making fun of Jesus himself, just the people that want everything, even simple things like walking, to be coated in some form of funda-MENTAL Christianity.

It's so crazy that in some circles, they believe in the gifts of the spirit, like the laying on of hands, and prophecy, discernment, etc., but the minute any of those things happen, some people will inevitably say it is "of the devil." On the flip side of that, at the Toronto Airport, at what is known as "The Toronto Blessing," they have people rolling on the floor, barking like dogs and squawking like chickens ~ and it is called, "A great move of God."

gif43
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's one for ya   Here's one for ya EmptyWed Sep 19, 2007 1:31 pm

Quote :
On the flip side of that, at the Toronto Airport, at what is known as "The Toronto Blessing," they have people rolling on the floor, barking like dogs and squawking like chickens ~ and it is called, "A great move of God."

What in the world? I have never heard of that! Wow I guess that makes Mick Jagger really blessed! gif17
Back to top Go down

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Fearfull Society.....   Here's one for ya EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 4:23 pm

One fears What One doesn't understand...
I'ts been prevelant since way before time .... And I am afraid it is not going away today either....
The good news for those who have faith is you cant serve two masters ... Faith or Fear.... you choose....
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's one for ya   Here's one for ya EmptyWed Oct 10, 2007 9:33 pm

Well I guess that listening to" Peter and the Wolf " is out of the question. What a real let down with society in general, worried more about outward projections than inner self.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Here's one for ya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's one for ya   Here's one for ya Empty

Back to top Go down

Here's one for ya
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twohawk's Nest :: People and Places :: Duke it out!!!!-
Jump to: