Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Boy Rescued From Dead Sea EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Boy Rescued From Dead Sea EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Boy Rescued From Dead Sea EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Boy Rescued From Dead Sea EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Boy Rescued From Dead Sea EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Boy Rescued From Dead Sea EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Boy Rescued From Dead Sea EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Boy Rescued From Dead Sea EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Boy Rescued From Dead Sea EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Boy Rescued From Dead Sea

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Boy Rescued From Dead Sea Empty
PostSubject: Boy Rescued From Dead Sea   Boy Rescued From Dead Sea EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 7:20 am

Boy rescued after 6-hour Dead Sea ordeal By MATTI FRIEDMAN, Associated Press Writer
Sun Aug 5, 6:52 PM ET

JERUSALEM - An 8-year-old Israeli boy spent six hours floating in the Dead Sea alone at night after his father left him there by accident during a family trip, police said Sunday.

They said they would not press charges against the errant parent.

The Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth and one of Israel's most popular tourist attractions, has an abnormally high salt concentration that allows swimmers to float on the surface.

Rescue workers said the boy, Shneur Zalman Friedman, from Jerusalem, was in the sea with his father and two brothers on Thursday evening when currents swept him away from shore, without anyone else noticing.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said the family was part of a large group visiting a beach reserved for ultra-Orthodox Jewish men — who do not bathe in the presence of women — away from main public areas.

His father left the water with other members of the group and only noticed the boy was missing as darkness fell, Rosenfeld said.

A major search by police helicopters and volunteers in motorboats finally found Shneur about 2 miles from the shore early Friday after six hours in the strong-smelling, corrosive water, Yehuda Meshi-Zahav of the Zaka rescue organization said.

The boy was dehydrated and frightened but otherwise healthy, he said. Shneur told his rescuers he remained calm throughout the ordeal, saying prayers and thinking about his school friends as he floated in the darkness.

"The boy said that he didn't try to swim, he just drifted with the current," Rosenfeld said.

The mineral-laden waters of the Dead Sea helped keep the boy afloat but could have choked him had he panicked and swallowed large quantities, said Omer Cohen of the Megilot volunteer rescue unit.

After hours of fruitless searching, workers had all but given up hope of finding the boy alive.

"We thought we were looking for a body," Cohen said. "We were surprised to find the boy alive and well."
Back to top Go down
Sharon

Sharon

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Boy Rescued From Dead Sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy Rescued From Dead Sea   Boy Rescued From Dead Sea EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 3:04 pm

Oh my hun, Thats so sad,its amazing no one seen him huh.
(Boy).
I always wondered about the red sea, i was just curious what it does and what it looks like and how did the sea get full of salt..u know what i mean?..hehehe, dum eh..anyway,
Thanks for the news report,that was sad and yet interesting to read.
Keep up the good work hun.
Lotta loves to you and your'e family.
Peace!
Shazz ❤
Back to top Go down

Boy Rescued From Dead Sea
Page 1 of 1