Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) Empty
PostSubject: White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next)   White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 11:16 am

White House spokesman Snow stepping

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- White House press secretary Tony Snow, who is undergoing treatment for cancer, will step down from his post September 14 and be replaced by deputy press secretary Dana Perino, the White House announced Friday.

White House press secretary Tony Snow will step down from his post on Sept. 14.

Although no reason was given, Snow recently told conservative radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt that, due to financial reasons, he did not expect to remain on the White House staff through the remainder of President Bush's term.

Bush told reporters Friday that he will "sadly accept" Snow's resignation.

Flanked by Snow and Perino in the White House press room, the president spoke warmly of his departing press secretary.

"It's been a joy to watch him spar with you," Bush told reporters.

Bush also mentioned Snow's illness: "He'll battle cancer and win."

Turning to Snow, the president then said: "I love you, and I wish you all the best."

Snow's cancer was diagnosed for the first time in February 2005. His colon was removed, and after six months of treatment, doctors said the cancer was in remission.

Perino announced March 27 that Snow's cancer had recurred, and that doctors had removed a growth from his abdomen the day before.

Sources told CNN two weeks ago that Snow was planning to leave his job, possibly as early as September.

Snow, who had said he would leave his post before the end of Bush's second term, repeated that the decision is based on finances, not health. He took a major pay cut after leaving the world of cable television and talk radio to come to the White House.

According to The Washington Post, Snow makes $168,000 as the White House spokesman.

Bush tapped Snow to replace Scott McClellan in April 2006. Snow had been an anchor for "Fox News Sunday" and a political analyst for the Fox News Channel, which he joined in 1996. He also hosted "The Tony Snow Show" on Fox News Radio.

On Thursday, Snow told CNN his health is improving, citing two new medical tests this month which found the cancer has not spread.

"The tumors are stable -- they are not growing," Snow said of the results from an MRI and a CAT Scan. "And there are no new growths. The health is good."

The press secretary, whose hair has turned gray during chemotherapy treatment, said his black hair is expected to grow back in about a month.

"I'm also putting on weight again," he said after returning from a 10-day vacation. "I actually feel very good about" the health situation.

Snow said that on Friday he was to see his oncologist, and they will decide on some minor forms of chemotherapy to start as maintenance treatment.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/31/white.house.snow/index.html
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) Empty
PostSubject: Re: White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next)   White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next) EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 12:12 pm

Oh no! Bush really is all alone! Who is next?

Everybody jumping ship. What do they know that we don't know?
Back to top Go down

White House spokesman Snow stepping down (next)
Page 1 of 1