Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Did the U.S. Get Some of These?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Did the U.S. Get Some of These? Empty
PostSubject: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 12:33 pm

Since all I can do with chopsticks is probably poke my eye out, I am not worried about this one, but it does take the cake!

Dirty chopsticks picked up in new China scare
Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:22 AM ET

BEIJING (Reuters) - A Beijing factory recycled used chopsticks and sold up to 100,000 pairs a day without any form of disinfection, a newspaper said on Wednesday, the latest in a string of Chinese food and product safety scares.

Counterfeit, shoddy and dangerous products are widespread in China, whose exports have been rocked in recent months by a spate of safety scandals, ranging from pet food to medicine, tires, toothpaste and toys.

Officials raided the factory and seized about half a million pairs of recycled disposable bamboo chopsticks and a packaging machine, the Beijing News said.

The owner, identified only by his surname Wu, said he had sold the recycled chopsticks for 0.04 yuan a pair and made an average of about 1,000 yuan ($130) a day.

Wu, who had no license to sell the goods, said he had sold 100,000 pairs a day when business was good.

China, on track to overtake the United States this year as the world's second-largest exporter, lacks the manpower to enforce food and drug safety regulations at home or for export. Imports are generally carefully scrutinized.

A lack of business ethics and a spiritual vacuum after China embraced economic reforms in the late 1970s have been blamed for unscrupulous business practices and corruption.

In Guangzhou, capital of booming Guangdong province in south China, Mayor Zhang Guangning vowed to bankrupt serious violators of food and product safety.

The Hong Kong owner of a Guangdong manufacturer at the centre of a recall of millions of Chinese-made toys by U.S. giant Mattel had committed suicide, according to Hong Kong media.

China has said the world should have faith in the "made-in-China" label and that a spate of product recalls has been unfair, biased and politically motivated.

"No country can guarantee their food to be 100 percent safe, but if one in 100 or even in 1,000 of our products has quality problems, we will deal with it seriously," Commerce Minister Bo Xilai said on Tuesday when meeting former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.

"China strongly opposes (some countries) extending individual economic and trade problems, and thus conducting trade protection," Bo said in a report on the ministry's Web site (www.mofcom.gov.cn).

In the latest in a series of tit-for-tat measures, China has accused the United States of exporting substandard soybean shipments to China and requested "effective measures" be taken.
Back to top Go down
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 12:47 pm

And the plot continues to thicken. I am with you Spring, I have never mastered the art of using chopsticks. My fork does just fine thank you!

As I was reading your article, I cannot help but wonder about all those Dollar Store items that have sprung all over the place. Most of the products are from overseas... can't help but wonder about the safety; especially for the fact that we are only paying a dollar for the items. And I remember seeing chopsticks in our local Dollar Store.

Blessings,
LittleFire
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/joanne_jjl
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 12:52 pm

Dollar stores are on every corner here too. Probably every item in there is from China.

Related to this story, I was in a Vietnamese restaurant one afternoon when I met my hubby for lunch - the food there is excellent - and I was watching a woman eat using chopsticks. I was mesmerized and I know she saw me staring at her, but I was trying to figure out how she did it. It amazed me that she could get bean sprouts on those things without using her fingers and then get it to her mouth without dropping it!

Now I wonder if they were used chopsticks?
Back to top Go down
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 12:56 pm

There is a restaurant in Montreal where the patrons bring their own chopsticks. Some were done so beautifully. I think I would prefer bringing my very own after reading this article! I do thank you for posting this!

Blessings,
LittleFire
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 7:30 pm

Spring,
All it takes is a little practice and you can be proficient with traditional chopsticks that come to a point instead of a square blunt end of the inexpensive wooden types.
I used to do the same thing watching people use them while living in Japan and wonder how they could do the things they did with them.
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 7:35 pm

Hey there Littlefire,

I have relatives that live in Kitchner and I have been there to visit many times, not sure how it relates to your location. I love to travel Canada any time of the year.
Back to top Go down
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi Osiris; I'm about 10 hours East of Kitchener... I'm closer to Ottawa and Montreal. By the way, I did go to University in Waterloo which is adjoined to Kitchener. Nice place there!

Blessings,
LittleFire
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 7:13 pm

Cool Beans Littlefire,

I really like vacationing in Canada. It's been a while since I have been up that way though. Maybe another trip to the Rockies will be in order. I was not sure how far away you were from Kitchner, that is a good way from there. If it all goes to heck, I will be migrating your way and into the woods we will go.

:lol!:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 7:18 pm

I'm with you, Osiris, I've heard Canada is going to be the place to go!
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 7:58 pm

BTM,

I have been all over Canada and I can tell you first hand that it is just beautiful. I have relatives that live there, and I have traveled it from the west coast to the east coast and loved every bit of it. When I first got my drivers licience, My Mom, Dad and I went to Canada and then off to Newfindland and Labrador. I drove the whole trip and ended up driving over 7500 miles on that vacation being only sixteen at the time, many moons ago. My parents were just nuts when I was younger and loved to travel, taking as much as 7 vacations a year. I spent most of my time on the road doing homework for school and only actually spending 38 day's in school that year. My mother "who is still a Bermuda Citizen" believed that you get a better education actually experiancing life than spending all of your time in school. My first trip to Canada took three months before returning home. I will say this, I have seen places most would not have, and the experiance, is just priceless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 7:12 am

Osiris, you have a wise mother... What an awesome opportunity for you! If we all end up migrating to Canada, we know who is going to drive and show us around! Thanks in advance, Osiris... lol

gif11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did the U.S. Get Some of These?   Did the U.S. Get Some of These? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did the U.S. Get Some of These?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twohawk's Nest :: People and Places :: News-
Jump to: