Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home

Go down 
AuthorMessage
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home Empty
PostSubject: Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home   Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 am

All those involved in animal rescue have heard the reasons people decide to give up their pets. “We’re moving, we got a divorce, we have a new baby, I lost my job, the dog got too big, the cat doesn’t like me anymore, allergies.” The list goes on.

Some people actually try to find a new home before dropping a pet at a shelter, others don’t, and the reality is that not every pet that finds his or her way into the shelter system ends up finding a new home. HSUS (Humane Society of the United States) estimate 6-8 million pets enter shelters every year and 3-4 million are euthanized.

That’s why the heart-wrenching story from Kirkland, Washington — that actually found a happy ending — is a pleasure to report. A child of divorce attempts to save the family dog, Mr. B, from an uncertain fate at a pound.

On his way to work last Thursday, the dog was found by Paul Wu as he attempted to pull out of his driveway. The dog wouldn’t leave so Wu got out of his car and went up to the little fellow. Noticing a red bone around his neck with the word “open” written on it, Wu found the following note:

“Please take care of Mr. B. (or find him a new home?) He is a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel. Six years old. My parents got divorced and Mr. B was supposed to go to the pound. I think he has a better chance with you. This is my birthday money for any of his care. He is used to kids, not other dogs. He’s a good boy. I know God will take care of Mr. B – Everyone loves him…especially me. Thank you.”

What would you do in a situation like this? I guess we never really know for sure until something happens that makes you question your humanity. But Wu took the little Cavalier Spaniel into work with him in an attempt to find him a new home.

Wu’s co-worker, Robert Kuchcinski, was immediately touched by the story and decided to do something. “I’d hate to be a kid making that choice,” said Kuchcinski, who is married with three children of his own. “It didn’t seem right that it would go to the pound,” reports King5.com.

Kuchcinski took Mr. B to a veterinarian for a health check before bringing him home. The vet found a bit of dry skin and some plugged ears but otherwise reported Mr. B is in good health. The dog was neither micro chipped nor wore identification tags. Watch a video of Mr. B in his new home.

The mystery may never be solved of how Mr. B came to arrive at Wu’s house. Thanks to King5 News for reporting Mr. B’s outcome. Now, whoever took the chance on the kindness of strangers over a shelter system in need of repair will know their beloved dog is safe and sound with a new family.

Take a look at some photos of Mr. B.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/dog-abandoned-because-of-divorce-finds-home.html#ixzz1Vxf803ID
Back to top Go down

Dog abandoned by divorce gets new home
Page 1 of 1