Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Personal Message about gifts and giving EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Personal Message about gifts and giving EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Personal Message about gifts and giving EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Personal Message about gifts and giving EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Personal Message about gifts and giving EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Personal Message about gifts and giving EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Personal Message about gifts and giving EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Personal Message about gifts and giving EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Personal Message about gifts and giving EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Personal Message about gifts and giving

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Personal Message about gifts and giving Empty
PostSubject: Personal Message about gifts and giving   Personal Message about gifts and giving EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:25 pm

This may sound a bit long, too personal and corny, but I'll tell it anyway, 'cause Spirit wants me too!

I have a sis who claims (often) what a good christian she is, how generous she is helping out needy people, etc. I'm a needy person, struggling with enormous financially/difficult changes in my life patterns 'cause I can't afford much. I'm a brother in need....can't she see she could do better practise her faith by helping me before she sends her generosity overseas....

Anyway, for the Christian faith's Christmas giving season, I decide to spread the word that I was in need of greenery in my apartment! GREEN, LIVE GROWING something. An apartment without anything green grow in it during winter here in the gray winter NW is depressing.

OK, my need isn't that important to some, to me it is. It is a genuine need. I don't have enough money to decorate my apartment with plants from the nursery. Way too expensive for me.

Knowing how much I love Christmas Cactus plants, Sis, as always is the first to offer me my birthday & christmas gifts, best wrappings, most expensive gifts, etc.. Same horseshit last week for my birthday which is coming up this week she gives me this Christmas Cactus and says Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas, Willy. She done her "christian" duty. Yeah right! She gives me this old, dingy, hardly green anymore pile of dried-out piece of cactuss---t she kept in her garage but too lazy to dump into the trash can, too cheap to go out and buy a real one for me and still keep her good reputation up.

I'm thinking, "just typical of my sis"---who always had to be the first person to "help out" Uncle Willy 'cause it was her Christian duty for all sinners like me be taken care of too!....popcorn

I'm laughing, somewhat unkindly again about her staring at the stupid plant in front of me and THE PLANT started talking. "Treat me well. I can still make it, forget about sis. Yeah, she really treated me like I was nothing. Wipe the crap off my leaves, give me a good soak in your bathtub and I think I can bring a little live action back into your life and mine..." so I did what she was telling me.

Its been a week now, since I started taking care of the plant. It still looking really sad. I'm sitting here today, just having had my apartment cleaned up---things put back in a different place/angle, etc., still in a poopy attitude, saw for the first time a flower blossoming right there in front of me on the plant---MY DINGY STUPID PLANT NOW HAD A BRIGHT RED CHRISTMAS FLOWER IN FULL BLOSSOM ON ONE OF ITS ARMS.

I always came back into my apartment AFTER A WEEK OF FEELING "Yeah, I don't really believe you're gonna make it, but I'll give it a shot". seeing it hadn't changed at all. I thought I had enough genuine faith if I took good care of it, it could become a real positive result of my asking, regardless of the intention behind my sis trying to self promote herself. My faith wasn't as strong as I thought it was. Seeing that One Flower On the Vine was like an epiphany (I seem to be having a lot of them these days). That saying, I can truly say IMMEDIATELY:

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE FOR A MOMENT about the whole idea that you haven't received any true gift worth believing in, YOU ARE BEING GIVEN A GIFT OF GREAT VALUE REGARDLESS IF IT WAS A THROW-AWAY. SOMEHOW YOU KNOW A GIFT IS REALLY A GIFT, WHEN YOU REALLY BEGIN TO BELIEVE YOU AND THE GIFT CAN REVERSE THINGS IN SUCH A WAY YOU CAN BOTH BECOME A GIFT TO EACH OTHER----FULFILLING EACH OTHER'S NEED: Me, I needed some more green in my life to cheer me up, keep my excitement for life going in gray winter dulldrums ahead and she the plant needed to go greener still just to make her life a little more exciting.

She wasn't dead. She JUST WANTED TO BLOSSOM ONCE MORE before kickin the bucket perhaps, or heading back to the desert where she probably started her career!smoke

(You know what I mean if you have a big Christmas cactus plant that blossoms sometimes at Christmas, sometimes not at all!!! But when it does, its a spectacular show of shows! Hundreds of blossoms throughout the holidays.gif13

The moral of my story: All it took was ONE SINGLE BLOSSOM for me to find that my need was being fulfilled little by little and then I could [size=18]really[/size] thank The Universe AND MY SIS for giving me what I asked for in the first place, instead of criticising her for her shallowness......It was a win-win all around, all three of us: Me, the plant and my sis whose Brother has become a little softer and can find reasons to thank sis anyway..... Aho!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Personal Message about gifts and giving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Message about gifts and giving   Personal Message about gifts and giving EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:51 pm

I LOVE this story, WD, absolutely LOVE it. I need a Christmas miracle or two myself right about now, thanks for the hope!
Back to top Go down

Personal Message about gifts and giving
Page 1 of 1