Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-11-01

10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict Empty
PostSubject: 10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict   10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:31 am

Where would you be the safest if World War 3 broke out tomorrow? Perhaps it’s a grim subject, but safety and distance from world conflict can be a motivating factor in your choice to expatriate. At the very least, conflict around the world can weigh heavy on the soul, and it’s nice to know there are some places still left in the world where you might be left in peace. Thus, we’ve assembled a list of the 10 best places to live if you want to escape world conflict.

10. Switzerland

switzerland

Switzerland’s long history of neutrality and its tucked away location among the valleys of the Alps still make it a safe bet, even despite having a high number of bordering nations. It helps that neighboring Austria is also considered a neutral nation.

9. Costa Rica

Costa Rica

Costa Rica has a stable democracy, a disbanded military and a national policy of neutrality. It also ranks highly on the Global Peace Index, Happy Planet Index, and Life Satisfaction Index. Although it sits in the middle of a tumultuous region, there are far worse places to sit in peace as the world goes down in flames all around.
8. Papua New Guinea

papua

There are regions of Papua New Guinea that are still being discovered for the first time. The canopy covered, mountainous nation contains some of the most isolated places in the world. Tuck yourself away in a nook here and it may be one of the few places left where you can completely insulate yourself from the outside world.
7. Canada

Canada

Canada is the second largest nation in the world, yet it only shares a land border with one other country– the U.S.A.– and it is a peaceful border. That means there is a great expanse to escape to, if need be. Furthermore, Canada has few world enemies, ranks consistently high on the Global Peace Index, and is relatively homogeneous.
6. Seychelles

Seychelles

Aside from being safely isolated from the rest of the world in the middle of the Indian Ocean, this beautiful island nation is a great place to forget about your worries. Isolation is the key here. And conflict is as transparent as the water.
5. Finland

finland

Finland has a long history of desiring to stay out of international conflicts, is recognized as neutral and always ranks in the top 10 of the Global Peace Index. It’s northerly location also typically means the remote areas of this country are a perfect place to disappear.
4. Tuvalu

Tuvalu

Isolated in the middle of Micronesia, Tuvalu is among the safest and most remote places in the world. It is the third least populated country on Earth, and the forth smallest. There are only a few places more distant from the world’s strife than Tuvalu.
3. Iceland

iceland

Iceland, of course, has no borders, has remote locations, is stable as a country and has virtually no world enemies. Its people are happy and the nation always ranks highly on the Global Peace Index. If world conflict erupts, Iceland is one of the few stable nations in the world unlikely to get caught up in the middle.
2. Bhutan

Bhutan

Landlocked among the Himalaya mountains, Bhutan is one of the most isolated nations in the world. It also showcases one of the most stable balances in the world between moderization and retention of ancient culture. Its religious population believes in peaceful resolution to all conflict, and although it sits in a troubled region, it remains protected by its geography.
1. New Zealand

New Zealand

New Zealand might be the most isolated and expansive fully developed nation in the world. It shares no borders, sits relatively distant from any other nation, has no real national enemies, has a safe democracy and a diverse landscape with many remote places to hide away within. Furthermore, it ranked #1 on the Global Peace Index in 2009.

http://www.expatify.com/advice/10-best-places-to-live-for-escaping-world-conflict.html

Pretty pics with the link....
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: 10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict   10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Switzerland, Tuvalu, Seychelles. All places I have been (Tuvalu the exception-mine was spiritual, concerning stone statues/carvings of King Arthur. How did they get there? Arthur myths were in the 800's , but sailing ships were later....Prydwin? (The ship where myth says Arthur was taken underground and roams the ocean until his time to re-appear has come to pass....could that explain it?.....

Seychelles was the place I intended to have an ocean-sturdy boat made. (cost back in 1974-$3,000 made by natives of Seychelles---severe milliped poinsoning ended my stay.

Switzerland (Aigle- meaning Eagle) is where my only legit job offer (as a chef for Club Med) was realized! (I was in the hospital from my accident just off morphine when it arrived. Couldn't take the job, hee-hee, but knowing I had made an impression on the CEO of Club Med.....

Just thought I'd add/confirm some of the places mentioned..... beer
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: 10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict   10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Melissa, I say this to you out of love.
There are no safe places anymore, every square inch of land is targeted by a missile from somewhere. Enjoy the now, live for today and worry about tomorrow when it get's here. I tell you this with a great deal of confidence in what I just stated, that use to be my field of expertise while serving in the military. Always prepare for the worst, chances are if you survive anything, you will be on the move with only what you can carry.
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: 10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict   10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:12 am

AND I AND THOUSANDS OF NATIVE ELDERS ARE SAYING THE SAME THING. "secure your belongings, know your garden well (where you will find food), and have a trusting handful of people ready to swim that raging river together with you.... "
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: 10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict   10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Osiris, lol...I only WISH I could go to some of those places. I'm stuck right where I am for the moment. But, there is a large lake a couple of blocks away, and a smaller one just around the corner.

Weird thing though. Today lots of military copters flew over, and I thought maybe they were just doing training exercises, I didn't actually get up and look, but my daughter called me from a couple of miles away and asked if the Zombies were attacking (little inside joke) because she was standing outside and saw all the huge copters and she she said they had guns, big guns, pointing off the front of them. Then she said she didn't actually know if they were guns, but they sure looked that way to her. But, there was nothing on the news, so I guess maybe it was just training exercises. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: 10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict   10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:05 am

Melissa,
I hope that on that day of no return for all of the world powers, they sit back and really think on what they are about to do. There is not a winning senerio, just and ending one. The Helicopters were probably looking for people harvesting their pot if you are in an area that just had the first frost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict   10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict Empty

Back to top Go down

10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict
Page 1 of 1