Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

The Mayan Calendar and 2012

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

The Mayan Calendar and 2012 Empty
PostSubject: The Mayan Calendar and 2012   The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:17 pm

What Will Not Happen in 2012 - Stephen Houston
http://decipherment.wordpress.com/2008/12/20/what-will-not-happen-in-2012
"Epigraphers await 2012 with trepidation. There will be ill-founded claims, bad Hollywood movies (one now in production), silly reportage, and much distortion of what 2012 meant for the ancient Maya. Every imaginable anxiety will apply to this key event in the Maya calendar."

The Shift of the Ages - 4 min preview of this Steve Copeland movie
http://www.shiftoftheages.com/
The Shift of the Ages film shares the Mayan Cosmo-Vision and Prophecy through the wisdom and teachings of Grandfather Cirilo Perez Oxlaj, also known as Wandering Wolf, Grand Elder of the living Maya. The National Counsel of Elders Mayas, Xinca and Garifuna of Guatemala has an important message for the world. Their leader, Grandfather Cirilo, the protagonist of the Shift of the Ages film, discloses previously unavailable visions, concepts and ancient prophecies. Many people know that a grand cycle of the famous Mayan Long Count Calendar ends in the 2011-2012 timeframe, but they may be misinformed about its meaning. According to Mayan prophecy, we have entered a unique period of time during which it is both safe and necessary to share this information to the public. The Shift of the Ages film is the first official Maya discourse to the world. The ominous date, December 21, 2012, may not be relevant to the Mayan Calendar; this is a Gregorian Calendar date. The crucial period of their prophecy is Año Cero or Year Zero in the Sacred Mayan Calendar. The Shift of the Ages film is about the special time in which we are living and the unique transition or "shift" between epochs of creation, what they call "Suns." Why is there so much fear about December 21, 2012? What are the keepers of Mayan Prophecy saying now about this epoch "shift"? Why has the film crew shot over 300 hours of footage and 13,000 still photographs on five continents in remote areas rarely visited by Westerners to capture the essence of the Shift of the Ages? (taken from http://www.shiftoftheages.com/about) NOTE: Make sure to read The Shift of the Ages as well as Will the World End on December 21st 2012? (By Joseph R. Giove: Executive Producer, Shift of the Ages film) below...

EXCERPTS FROM HOPI PROPHECY on 2012 (and much more)
http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/peterr/annex/HopiSpeaks.html

The risks of believing that the Mayan calendar ends December 21, 2012!
http://www.calleman.com/content/articles/risk_of_2012.htm
(...) What the end date does mean however is that on October 28, 2011 the shifts between energies will come to an end and it is thus no wonder that many intuitively sense that the year that follow upon this, 2012, is very special. The processes that have been driving cosmic evolution until now will no longer be operating and after some time for things to settle the human beings will be left to create evolution themselves. (...) Around the time that the Sixth night begins on November 8, 2009 we may however expect that the meltdown intensifies and the US dollar collapses and with it the established monetary system in the world. NOTE - go heck the second figure there

Check also 2012 - Science of Superstition
http://www.2012dvd.com/
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: The Mayan Calendar and 2012   The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:03 pm

Quote :
The processes that have been driving cosmic evolution until now will no longer be operating....

Contraman seem to contradict the Hopi Elder link you also posted MID, that something big has stopped and or is reversing in a major way soon (the mystical " Dec. 21, 2012" Mayan prophecy) doesn's seem to fit as well as the Hopi elder's words about now and what we need to focus on was that that "something big is coming" prophecies is really about THE RIVER(of life), period. This River does rage, not all the time, history shows that. But it is raging now is and HAS been raging and now it is important for everyone together as a community must stop clinging to the shore (the banks) plunge in together, go for it. No more lone wolves, eagles, or lone anybody, no more times for guru and promotors of anything. We do need leaders, ie., large groups of people need them. They'll be there, but no more time for debates about who's to lead, blah, blah, blah. Just get together a large enough group of people (with supplies secured) who will be able to help each other get through the rough spots and make it down towards the safe destination we all want: The arms of our mother who cradled uswhen we came into this world: THE OCEAN. And if that don't excite yuh, baby yuh betta pay attention: 'CAUSE tHE BANKS AREN'T SAFE ANYMORE! study

In a nutshell, I like the vision of a lot of native people's simplicity about its just another bend in the river a lot better than all the other links I've read lately 'bout the "Shift", etc.,, though the river ride's gonna be a real rough one, steep canyon et al. You guys know now that me and LittleBear have been swimming this River (we left the comfy banks we all like to sit by when I exchanged city life to wilderness life for good, or so I thought, back in 1999), for a very long time. We've found wild crazy rapids we've made it through together, lazy eddies, long langorous stretches, blissful lagoons, harrowing canyon walls, spills we nearly drowned in and are still swimmin' it today as I type, enjoying most of it, even though this bend in the river IS ONE BIG HARROWING CANYON OF RIVER GONE WILD instead of that "Love is a big, fat river in flood" Sting calls "it" . I think after posting this I just might change my last phrase to enjoying EVERY MINUTE of it instead of enjoying MOST of it as soon as I finish typing and click send?

I just decided I would, and mean it. Then Spirit said, "Type this before you click send:

If you want to you too can just say to whomever you ask to listen to these thought/prayers of yours, "In my thoughts today from this moment on and in my everyday activity, I tell you everyone hearing my prayers that I plan to live out the rest of my mortal life swimming down this river the Hopi elder spoke about instead of standing by the banks afraid to jump in saying I can't swim very well (and other self-un-truths). I can and I will. I will find that island in the middle where there is rest when I need it. I'll continue on as long as life allows. Let the river roar! I'M ready for it! Let the floods come, the Tsunamis, let it all roar. I can do it alone I guess, if I have to. I don't need a support group, but it sure would be nice if I had one. T'would make it a bit easier, guys."

I bet a little birdeo (or maybe a big hawk like me or two) will tell you, "You've got one, kid. Its called Twohawks Nest."
:dark: pop OK! Bear witness, UPON CLICKING SEND I WILL ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF MY SWIM DOWN THE RIVER OF LIFE FROM NOW ON, AHO! geek
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: The Mayan Calendar and 2012   The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:32 pm

ps. I think the Hopi elder's words were both practical and symbolic in meaning (we are in major world-wide weather patterns/river/ocean catastrophes right and left, are we not? Have been for several years, haven't we, which really does mean now.

Yet the poetry of the river the elders speak of really moves me and I, like others who have gone and had their "epiphany" somewhere between that comfy armchair life "by the banks of the silvery moon you and I probably lived before" and right up front out there with raw nature experience, you who haven't, you don't "have to" have a similar "wonderful, dramatic" epiphany out in raw nature. You can have it in your own apartment, or in your backyard or right now in front of your computer.

Go ahead! Take your knickers(old useless ideas that do nothing but cover your ass) off right now. Throw 'em away. You won't need 'em anyway.

Get off yer butt (of your mind---which is also a butthole sometimes, hee-hee) and start swimmin. Fast! geek
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The Mayan Calendar and 2012   The Mayan Calendar and 2012 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 8:23 am

more fuel for the fire

2012 Isn't the End of the World, Mayans Insist (October 11, 2009)
http://abcnews.go.com/International/WireStory?id=8801083
Despite doomsayers, Mayans say 2012 isn't the end of the world as we know it -- Apolinario Chile Pixtun is tired of being bombarded with frantic questions about the Mayan calendar supposedly "running out" on Dec. 21, 2012. After all, it's not the end of the world. Or is it? Definitely not, the Mayan Indian elder insists. "I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff." It can only get worse for him. Next month Hollywood's "2012" opens in cinemas, featuring earthquakes, meteor showers and a tsunami dumping an aircraft carrier on the White House. At Cornell University, Ann Martin, who runs the "Curious? Ask an Astronomer" Web site, says people are scared. "It's too bad that we're getting e-mails from fourth-graders who are saying that they're too young to die," Martin said. "We had a mother of two young children who was afraid she wouldn't live to see them grow up." Chile Pixtun, a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan ideas. A significant time period for the Mayas does end on the date, and enthusiasts have found a series of astronomical alignments they say coincide in 2012, including one that happens roughly only once every 25,800 years. But most archaeologists, astronomers and Maya say the only thing likely to hit Earth is a meteor shower of New Age philosophy, pop astronomy, Internet doomsday rumors and TV specials such as one on the History Channel which mixes "predictions" from Nostradamus and the Mayas and asks: "Is 2012 the year the cosmic clock finally winds down to zero days, zero hope?" It may sound all too much like other doomsday scenarios of recent decades - the 1987 Harmonic Convergence, the Jupiter Effect or "Planet X." But this one has some grains of archaeological basis. One of them is Monument Six. CLIP - Note: The highest counter in the Mayan calendar is the alautun, which is an interval of 63 million years. Those who state the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 have not researched the Mayan system carefully. 2012 may be the equivalent of the year 10,000 in the Mayan calendar, which is significant, yet it may end up being but another Y2K. For more, click HERE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mayan Calendar and 2012   The Mayan Calendar and 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mayan Calendar and 2012
Page 1 of 1