Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Mon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Wed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Thu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Mon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Mon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Sun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 27 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Share | 

Prepare now, not later

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LittleFire

Female
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Prepare now, not later   Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 am

My dear friends, start preparing now. Don't wait for later! It isn't difficult to start now. Next time you go to the grocery store, add a big bag of rice. Think about it for a minute: You now have at home a big bag of rice. You will now have to store it properly. What would happen if all food deliveries are stop right away? Do to a storm, or strike, or whatever? That means everyone then will go raid the grocery stores right? The shelves will be empty and people are still hungry. But here you are, having started already to prepare for survival! You didn't wait! Good for you!! Yes, I know you are going to say, "But Joanne, I can't afford to stock up a year's supply of food? I don't have the money to do that!" Well, neither do I, but when I go do my groceries, I always tend to buy a few extra cans and when I get home, I date them.

Next thing I recommend is to get a generator if you don't have one now. What if the power grid goes off for several weeks? Your food will spoil in the freezer and fridge for starters. At least if in the winter you can run your furnace if you don't have a woodstove or fireplace for heat. Yeah, okay again, you will need fuel. Well, stock up on some fuel cans, at least you will have that right? It isn't perfect idea, but it will help you scrape by!

Another essential will be water! Think about it for a minute, we use water for everything every day. Store this as well!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/joanne_jjl
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Prepare now, not later   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:36 pm

Hey Little Fire,

I recently read a couple of very good books about preparedness, I wrote about them here in the book section. Both are very good. "Apocolypse Chow" is also a very entertaining read as well. They both recommend stocking up on foods you normally eat anyway. One doesn't recommend rice because of its long cooking time, if your using a camp stove you will use up too much fuel. Minute rice would be a good choice. I've stocked up on rice, I don't know why though, I rarely ever it it. lol
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Prepare now, not later   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:30 pm

Instead of buying generators and gas that will be difficult to purchase when in a bad situation, buy old farm books that tell you how they use to store food during the summer. Our ancestors made it through the summer and winter before there was electricity and refrigerators, they built Ice houses, canned food, dried food. We need to think along those lines of thought for survival when the time arrives. Plenty of books on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Prepare now, not later   Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:45 pm

Quote :
Our ancestors made it through the summer and winter before there was electricity and refri
gerators....

This one thought, Osiris needs to be put on banners flying across the sky, on billboards. Everywhere. I know. LittleBear and I went to one of the coldest/hottest places on the continent in 1999 (Gila Wilderness, NM right on the continental divide). We lived on prickly pears, juniper berries, salmon jerky (bought from a grocery store in a can, opened it, let it dry and air out in the sun, fine mesh covering it, hanging from a tree branch) lentils which I sprouted. If a 60-year old man with a leg that doesn't bend and a dog can do that, just about anyone can...... :coffee4: (did miss my proverbial cup of coffee and my laptop, though... geek :laugh:

Back to top Go down
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Prepare now, not later   Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:48 pm

Good to hear from you, LittleFire

Back to top Go down
Osiris

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Prepare now, not later   Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:46 pm

Hello Littlefire,
Let me just say that I love you. I in no way wanted to diminish what you had to say about the subject, because you have been giving ample warning to those that choose to listen. I have always thought about contingency plans if ever things went south and we had to do everything for ourselves to survive. Old Farm books teach us how they erected structures, butchered animals and tought us how and when to plant crops. There is so much information to be gained from just one book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prepare now, not later   

Back to top Go down

Prepare now, not later
Page 1 of 1