Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
what holds the world together EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
what holds the world together EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
what holds the world together EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
what holds the world together EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
what holds the world together EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
what holds the world together EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
what holds the world together EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
what holds the world together EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
what holds the world together EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

what holds the world together

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
'nixfan

'nixfan

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-11-02

what holds the world together Empty
PostSubject: what holds the world together   what holds the world together EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 2:56 pm

I'm increasingly convinced that we are connected to each other by necessity. Not just individual psycho-emotional necessity, but metaphysical requirement. Meaning, the people in our lives exist because these connections are necessary, fundamental, and bound to the opportunity that is Now.

We would not exist as we do outside of these conditional relationships. And we are the culmination of endless relationships and choices that have preceded us, many by eons, each of us a unique collection of atoms and ideas bound to a particular, ever-moving point in space and time.

A friend once asked me what I believed the meaning of life to be. After a couple of half-reasoned replies, I concluded that the meaning of life for all beings might be summarized in a single word: relationship. Of course, for 'intelligent' beings, choice enters into the equation - our choices based on our individual perception of how we relate to our surroundings.

In a sense, these musings are really just a personalized expression of the long-held concept of dependent arising. But I wanted to express these thoughts, even if they are nothing new.
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

what holds the world together Empty
PostSubject: Re: what holds the world together   what holds the world together EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 5:11 pm

Repetition in this case is good, plus its always slightly different. Common ground for me, 'nixfan is also on an atomic/molecular/chemical relationships described. I actually FEEL molecular changes, and also think in terms of all organic beings, even a single grass plant, all transfer data constantly. That this species can actually "think" instead of automatically adapt/respond as do other species, though making us capable of rapid changes in behavior/natural adaptation (other species take thousands of generation before change can be measured, while we humans can change behaviors in a single generation), we often "goof" and have to change the set of instructions and dig in once more. Its all happening as it always has. While individuals can change themselves, and some of the environment, still at a matrix/matriarchal level, bacteria for example (who DO generate thousands of times rapidly---in matters of days sometimes, can "override" our single-handed man-made (often arrogant) ways faster than you can blink an eye, and literally do us in (as in the plague 14th century, and the 30,000,000 loss of lives in a flu epidemic during world war II. On the molecular level, powerful as we are for a while, we're still pretty puny in terms of influence when push comes to shove (natural disasters).....
Back to top Go down

what holds the world together
Page 1 of 1