Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Organic vs. GMO EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Organic vs. GMO EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Organic vs. GMO EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Organic vs. GMO EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Organic vs. GMO EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Organic vs. GMO EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Organic vs. GMO EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Organic vs. GMO EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Organic vs. GMO EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Organic vs. GMO

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Organic vs. GMO Empty
PostSubject: Organic vs. GMO   Organic vs. GMO EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Organic vs. GMO: Cracking the Produce Codes
http://community.livejournal.com/naturalliving/4372446.html
Have you ever looked at two bins of apples, one labeled 'organic,' and the other 'conventional,' and wondered if the apples might not be the same? I have. And since discovering a little secret of the produce industry, I've found that you really have to be a detective in the aisles these days.The secret is the price look-up (PLU) codes. They're an international numbering standard that identifies each type of produce, so that computerized cash registers can ring up the cost of fruits and vegetables automatically. They're also a powerhouse of information for savvy shoppers. The code indicates whether the item is a conventional, organic or genetically modified (GM) crop. The codes are based on four-digit numbers for conventional produce, to which an extra digit is added to indicate organic or GM status. If the number is five digits beginning with a 9, then the item is organic. If the item is five digits beginning in 8, then it is a genetically modified crop. For example, the PLU code for bananas is 4011. If the PLU sticker on the banana bunch reads 94011, then they are organic bananas. If the PLU sticker reads 84011, then the bananas are a genetically modified variety. There are PLU code stickers on virtually every piece of fruit, banded around every head of lettuce or bunch of spinach, and stamped onto the bag of every bag of organic salad greens. But that doesn't prevent certain confused grocers from mislabeling them. I've discovered conventional Fuji apples (4129) in the 'organic Fuji apples' (94129) bin many times. It's strange that I've never found organic apples in the conventional bin. In any case, knowing the codes will ensure that you get what you intended to get every time you shop.
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Organic vs. GMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organic vs. GMO   Organic vs. GMO EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 7:13 pm

AND I KNOW MORE BECAUSE I ONCE OWNED AND OPERATED A NATURAL VIP CORPORATE CATERING COMPANY. Food called 100% Natural or Organic only has to be 80 %. How can something be natural or organic at only 80%. Your post only covers half the real truth.

NOTHING THAT IS PACKAGED CAN EVER BE NATURAL IN THE US BECAUSE US LAWS REQUIRE EVERYTHING packaged and sold on the market (including local farmer's markets---who's inspecting?) TO BE STERILIZED OR PASTEURIZED, which kills so many of the essential enzymes, electrolytes necessary for absorption and activation once they have entered our system. Does anyone know how many "whole food/organic farms" are sandwiched between non-organic vegetable growers? (who use the same water table underground and air space above the plants. Don't tell me a portion of the chemicals sprayed or injected on the non-organic produce doesn't penetrate the organic ones. Of course it does. Technology created chemicals TO PENETRATE SKIN, EVEN TOUGH SKIN. SO, forget the "wash your hands" crap. If the same chemicals can penetrate a thick-skinned grapefruit or orange, it most certainly could penetrate your's and mine!!!)

The sad thing, however, is that the 100% (which isn't possible) was reduced by 20%, allowing for corruption/deception and outright fraud. They (the USDA/FDA) could have imposed at least 95% chemical free, but that might mean growing someplace else....alas....we still do the best we can. Like LittleFire mentioned, this growing our own vegies/fruit (small ones like berries, for example) MAY BE THE ONLY SOLUTION. Why wait for the intentional Fulford post to come about. Really start growing your own food now......aho!
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Organic vs. GMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organic vs. GMO   Organic vs. GMO EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 7:45 pm

PS.... :blkiss: I just checked my banana sticker. It says DOLE#4011, nothing else. Does that mean its an alien strain, niether organic OR non-organic/non-modified...... :bag:
Back to top Go down

Organic vs. GMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organic vs. GMO   Organic vs. GMO EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 7:23 am

Thank you MID! Who knew? I do know that since i've started checking out at the self-checkout, I've learned the PLU codes for many of the frutis and veggies, not once have I ever seen a 9 or an 8 modifier. I must be shopping at the wrong place! My banana code is also simply, 4011. Hahahaha, that's funny. "My Banana Code." Good book title.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Organic vs. GMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organic vs. GMO   Organic vs. GMO Empty

Back to top Go down

Organic vs. GMO
Page 1 of 1