Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Don't Eat these Tomatoes

Go down 
+2
'nixfan
Spring Miracles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Don't Eat these Tomatoes Empty
PostSubject: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 2:03 pm

Okay this isn't funny, but I found the description of the tomatoes to be a little lacking! Don't eat "red round tomatoes"!
eat

Quote :
CDC: Tomatoes eyed in salmonella cases in 9 states

By MIKE STOBBE,AP
Posted: 2008-06-03 16:11:29

ATLANTA (AP) - An outbreak of salmonella food poisoning first linked to uncooked tomatoes has now been reported in nine states, U.S. health officials said Tuesday.

Lab tests have confirmed 40 illnesses in Texas and New Mexico as the same type of salmonella, right down to the genetic fingerprint. An investigation by Texas and New Mexico health authorities and the Indian Health Service tied those cases to uncooked, raw, large tomatoes.

At least 17 people in Texas and New Mexico have been hospitalized. None have died, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Another 30 people have become sick with the same Salmonella Saintpaul infection in Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Idaho, Illinois and Indiana. CDC investigators are looking into whether tomatoes were culprits there, too.

In Texas and New Mexico, raw large tomatoes - including Roma and red round tomatoes - were found to be a common factor in the 40 illnesses. But no farm, distributor or grocery chain has been identified as the main source, said Casey Barton Behravesh, a CDC epidemiologist working on the investigation.

"The specific type and source of tomatoes is under investigation," she said.

Salmonella is a bacterial infection that lives in the intestinal tracts of humans and other animals. The bacteria are usually transmitted to humans by eating foods contaminated with animal feces.

Most infected people suffer fever, diarrhea and abdominal cramps starting 12 to 72 hours after infection. The illness tends to last four to seven days.

Many people recover without treatment. However, severe infection and even death is possible. Infants, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are at greatest risk for severe infections.

In Texas and New Mexico, the patients ranged in age from ages 3 to 82. Of the 40, 38 were interviewed. Most said they ate raw tomatoes from either stores or restaurants before becoming ill between April 23 and May 27.

Another 17 cases are under investigation in New Mexico, CDC officials said.

On the Net:

The CDC: http://www.cdc.gov
Back to top Go down
'nixfan

'nixfan

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 4:17 pm

Those round, red tomatoes are a menace I tell you.

eat
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 4:26 pm

how about those square ones at Safeway that never saw dirt, let alone sunshine......
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 5:00 pm

buy some grapefruit seed extract and soak all of your fresh vegetables and meats in a solution of 10-15 drops of GFS extract in a sink full of water for 20-30 minutes. It will kill parasites and all manner or little nasties as well as getting rid of pesticides and antibiotics.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 5:57 pm

masterindisguise wrote:
buy some grapefruit seed extract and soak all of your fresh vegetables and meats in a solution of 10-15 drops of GFS extract in a sink full of water for 20-30 minutes. It will kill parasites and all manner or little nasties as well as getting rid of pesticides and antibiotics.

Doe it work on the "round red tomatoes?" :funny1:
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 8:39 pm

Yes, but not the square ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:01 am

Does it work on the "raw" ones or the "uncooked" ones? Because now I'm ultra-terrified at the grocery store. I don't know the difference between raw and uncooked. shades
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

Female
Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 7:45 pm

I saw this story a few days ago....I actually didn't know that people ate cooked tomatoes, except in sauces......does this mean we have to cook our tomatoes before we put them on our hamburgers? UMMMM...yuck!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:24 am

O my gosh, Corin, you have been deprived! Broiled tomatoes with parmesan (or feta) cheese is one of the yummiest dishes ever! Yum. It might be a southern thang. lol

Don't Eat these Tomatoes Broiled-tomato-sl-1206226-l

Broiled Tomatoes with Feta Cheese

Ingredients
6 plum tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup Italian dressing

Preparation
1. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise, and place, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper to taste, Italian seasoning, and feta cheese. Drizzle evenly with 1/4 cup Italian dressing.
2. Broil 3 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or just until cheese starts to brown.

Broiled Tomatoes with Parmesan Cheese

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 large tomatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch thick slices
Preparation:
Melt butter; put half into a small bowl and stir in bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Brush tomato slices with remaining butter; dip in crumb and cheese mixture. Arrange on broiler rack covered with greased aluminum foil. Broil 5 to 6 inches below heat until lightly browned. Turn with a spatula and brown the other side.
Broiled Parmesan tomatoes serves 6.
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

Female
Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:32 am

Those look fantastic!! As soon as my tomatoes come on, I'll have to try those. I guess I have been deprived, never knew you could eat tomatoes that way!...lol
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 9:41 am

Fried green tomatoes are a southern thing. I always thought they sounded gross until I tried one. yummy
Back to top Go down
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:37 am

Not only they are a southern thing, but I grew up having Fried Green Tomatoes that my Great-Grandmama make everytime I visited her on her farm!

Always,
Joanne
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/joanne_jjl
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 1:19 pm

Lucky You!! I've only ever had them once! not fair!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 1:30 pm

Ya'll are making me hungry! I'm stuck eating nachos and hot dogs at the ball park tonight. Wah!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Eat these Tomatoes   Don't Eat these Tomatoes Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't Eat these Tomatoes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twohawk's Nest :: Welcome! :: Healthy Living-
Jump to: