Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
Horror of Horrors EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
Horror of Horrors EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
Horror of Horrors EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
Horror of Horrors EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
Horror of Horrors EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
Horror of Horrors EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
Horror of Horrors EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
Horror of Horrors EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
Horror of Horrors EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Horror of Horrors

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Horror of Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Horror of Horrors   Horror of Horrors EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:03 pm

UK Scientists have given a green light for half human - half animal embryos!

Quote :
MPs back creation of human-animal embryos

The amendment to ban all admixed embryos was defeated by 336 votes to 176. The prohibition on true hybrids was defeated by 286 votes to 223

Mark Henderson and Francis Elliott

British scientists will be allowed to research devastating diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s using human-animal embryos, after the House of Commons rejected a ban yesterday.

An amendment to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill that would have outlawed the creation of “human admixed embryos” for medical research was defeated in a free vote by a majority of 160, preserving what Gordon Brown regarded as a central element of the legislation.

The Government is braced for defeat today, however, on a separate clause that would scrap the requirement that fertility clinics consider a child’s need for a father before treating patients. MPs will also consider amendments tonight that would cut the legal limit for abortion from 24 weeks to 22 or 20 weeks.

A second amendment, which would have banned the creation of “true hybrids” made by fertilising an animal egg with human sperm, or vice-versa, was also defeated yesterday by a majority of 63. Another free vote last night was expected to approve the use of embryo-screening to create “saviour siblings” suitable to donate umbilical cord blood to sick children.

Edward Leigh, Conservative MP for Gainsborough, moving the amendment to ban all admixed embryos, said that mingling animal and human DNA crossed an “ultimate boundary”. He said that exaggerated claims were giving patients false hope and that the dangers of the research were unknown. “In many ways we are like children playing with landmines without any concept of the dangers of the technology we are handling,” he said.

Mark Simmonds, a Shadow Health Minister, who moved the amendment to ban “true hybrids”, said that there was no compelling evidence of their research usefulness

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3964693.ece
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Horror of Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horror of Horrors   Horror of Horrors EmptyTue May 20, 2008 8:09 am

I'm not sure what to think of that. They are outlawing "true hybrids" so I don't know what the admixing thing is. Sounds a bit Frankensteinish to me.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Horror of Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horror of Horrors   Horror of Horrors EmptyTue May 20, 2008 8:24 am

Quote :
A second amendment, which would have banned the creation of “true hybrids” made by fertilising an animal egg with human sperm, or vice-versa, was also defeated yesterday by a majority of 63

MID read that again! The Amendment was defeated which would have banned "true hybrids." So that means they have the go ahead to fertilize an animal egg with human sperm. I am mortified!

They tried to ban it but were outvoted! They can do this now.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Horror of Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horror of Horrors   Horror of Horrors EmptyTue May 20, 2008 9:16 am

my bad. what are these people thinking?
Back to top Go down

Horror of Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horror of Horrors   Horror of Horrors EmptyTue May 20, 2008 9:26 am

That's disgusting, truly disgusting. Why? Why would anyone want to do that? Just because they can? Sick, sick, sick.

protest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horror of Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horror of Horrors   Horror of Horrors Empty

Back to top Go down

Horror of Horrors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twohawk's Nest :: People and Places :: News-
Jump to: