Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity

Go down 
+2
Liam
Spring Miracles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity Empty
PostSubject: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 9:56 pm

Some bigheaded preachers demand rock star treatment. If the apostle Paul were around today he might throw rocks at them.

Just when I thought we charismatics had finally taken enough abuse from the egomaniac ministers in our midst, I’ve learned that some of our leaders are taking things to a new extreme. We’ve moved beyond the red carpets, limousines and entourages of the 1990s. A new strain of the celebrity virus is spreading in large segments of the church.

“What is this sickness spreading in the body of Christ? All I know is that God is grieved by all of this shameful carnality.”

One friend of mine in Texas recently inquired to see if a prominent preacher could speak at her conference. The minister’s assistant faxed back a list of requirements that had to be met in order to book a speaking engagement. The demands included:

a five-figure honorarium
a $10,000 gasoline deposit for the private plane
a manicurist and hairstylist for the speaker
a suite in a five-star hotel
a luxury car from the airport to the hotel (2004 model or newer)
room-temperature Perrier

This really makes me wonder how the apostle Paul, Timothy or Priscilla managed ministering to so many people in Ephesus, Corinth and Thessalonica. How did they survive without a manicurist if they broke a nail while laying hands on the sick?

I was relieved to know that this celebrity preacher’s requirements in 2007 did not include a set of armed bodyguards—because I just might want to jump uninvited into her Rolls-Royce and say a few words.

It gets worse, if you can believe it. At a charismatic conference in an East Coast city recently, a pastor stood on a stage in front of a large crowd and smugly announced that the guest speaker was “more than an apostle.” Then the host asked everyone to bow down to the person, claiming that this posture was necessary to release God’s power.

“This is the only way you can receive this kind of anointing!” the host declared, bowing in front of the speaker. Immediately, about 80 percent of the audience fell prostrate on the floor. The few who were uncomfortable with the weird spiritual control in the room either walked out or stood in silent protest.

So today, I guess it’s not enough to feed a celebrity preacher’s ego by treating them like a rock star. We also are required to worship him.

And apparently in some places you even have to pay big bucks to speak with him. In a city in the South, a well-known preacher is known to ask for money in order to secure a five- or 10-minute counseling session. The minister uses Proverbs 18:16, “A man’s gift makes room for him and brings him before great men” (NASB), to support this bizarre practice. Some people are known to give more than $1,000 for a short meeting.

People on fixed incomes need not apply. (That would include lepers, blind beggars, Samaritan women or any other social outcasts who were welcomed and healed by Jesus without payment.)

What has become of the American church? What is this sickness spreading in the body of Christ? I don’t know whom to blame more for it: The narcissistic minister who craves the attention, or the spiritually naive crowds who place these arrogant people on their shaky pedestals. All I know is that God is grieved by all of this shameful carnality.

http://www.charismamag.com/fireinmybones/Columns/show.php
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 7:27 am

ho boy, how did I miss this article?

This sort of thing is sickening, isn't? I don't know why they even call themselves Christians, apparently they've never even picked up a bible.

I took this article and reposted it on my MySpace as a bulletin. It will reach several charasmatic pastors that are on my friends list. The above article describes all of them to a tee. Wonder if they will recognize themselves?
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

Male
Number of posts : 423
Humor : Decent

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 7:29 am

"And thus, if you give thy pastor a lot of money you shalst be bankrupt but glad you gave money for God"
Back to top Go down
corin

corin

Female
Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 2:02 pm

When even minister's begin losing respect for God, it is all down hill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 6:19 pm

Whats up with the smokes in everyones mouth?
Whats up with the Christian talk?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 8:15 pm

FoodMuse, the smokes and the hat, it's just a little joke.

As for the Christian talk, I guess it's just that for me, it's difficult for me to see people claim to be one thing, when in fact they are something entirely different. At one time was studying to be a minister, not so I could lead people around by the nose or make anyone believe what I believed, but because I have an enormous love for God. I just wanted a way to express it on the grandest level I could think of. But the more I read and understood about the actual teachings of Jesus, as opposed to what went on in church and what I was being taught, there were huge discrepencies, so much so, that I could no longer be a part of it.

Every belief system has value and expresses universal truths, which is really what I was seeking, anyway, I just didn't know it at the time.

It goes beyond hypocrisywhen some of these ministers are hurting people, but like someone very wise recently said to me, if people get taken in by that sort of energy, then that is their path, their lesson. That doesn't stop me however from pointing out the hypocrisy. lol

(I have learned though that people don't like you to point out when they are being hypocritical. Oh well. C'est la vie. )

Much Love,
Melissa
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 8:54 pm

Spring Miracles,
Thank you for posting this as this is why I stopped going to Church.
I have a firm belief in God, but after 35 years of studing and searching my path, I knew that I would have to part with organized religion, not my beliefs. I too have seen this type of thing
with the prominant leaders of these churches, and do believe they have there place and time for some to work out their paths in life.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 9:01 pm

Osiris I agree. I quit organized religion years ago. I was very disgusted. Everybody was fighting in the church, and talking about each other. The preachers were living like kings, and we were left to muck through it all.

This is not what GOD intended at all. It is all about spirituality. It is what is in our heart that matters, and not the size of the church. I cannot abide by the "feel good" sermons at all. We should be ashamed of ourselves, not proud of every little thing we do, because we are all sinners, and human, and mortal.
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 9:25 pm

Be The Miracle,
I will say that I am a christian, but Like you have found truth in all religions as they have a commonality to them that leads to a higher power other than ourselves.

I will first say this also, that I am not perfect, I sometimes curse when I am upset at things I cannot control, Have done things that I regret doing in life, but have gained something from all of it, experiance and wisdom. Some would look at my actions as being un-christian like, But I am only a soul learning and growing through past and present lifetimes in hopes of becoming something bigger than myself.

I do believe that we are all here to experiance life in all that it has to offer so that we can work out a planned set of events to acheive our spiratual goal.Hopefully we remember to have compasson and love toward others in this great journey of life.

I too have come across inconsistancies in my studies and feel that we have not been given "all" the information by the church, through the Christian Bible to base our beliefs on. A tremendous ammount of information is out there to be had and I do think alot was omitted and not added as a power struggle within the church. The early church of Jesus was much different than what the church of today has become.

I always enjoy reading your post and look forward to more, Thank You.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 10:25 pm

Osiris I too enjoy your posts. Thank you very much for your replies to mine. I believe we agree on a lot of things connected with the Church.
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 9:20 am

There are many paths to the same destination, or, all roads lead to Rome. Find the one that best suits you in this lifetime and follow it for as long as you need, somewhere along the way you may come across one that looks more suitable to you, if so, jump on it!
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 9:23 am

Master that is so true. "One Size" does not fit all!
Back to top Go down
LittleFire

LittleFire

Female
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 10:19 am

Hi Spring, and everyone;

When I read the article, I continued to ponder on the words and actions of the apostle Paul, and all the others including Jesus himself. How much they would be shaking their heads, in fact, more letters would be sent to them about how far away have they stepped out from the word of God. We have truly stepped away from the good of all and focused way too much on our very own self comfort, greed.

Blessings,
LittleFire
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/joanne_jjl
Osiris

Osiris

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyWed Oct 10, 2007 9:52 pm

Here is one for you Spring,
On the way to work this morning while listening to a Christian radio station, I herd this minister say these words " To show appreciation to your paster, take them out for dinner at a resturant of their choosing."

How about not and say we did to these million dollar sooth sayers and just invite the down home preachers that have the true calling over to my house for a home made chicken dinner and thank them the way I do all of my friends by sharing a great meal and conversation.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyThu Oct 11, 2007 7:56 am

Quote :
How about not and say we did to these million dollar sooth sayers and just invite the down home preachers that have the true calling over to my house for a home made chicken dinner and thank them the way I do all of my friends by sharing a great meal and conversation.

Osiris that is not good enough anymore. They would have to eat at the low life houses. Where is the prestige in that? They might also have to make meaningful conversation. No, that would just be too much to ask. AND CHICKEN of all things. What about steak? Where is your generosity? I mean - to have to converse on a personal level with you and your family is just a little much to ask. Nope you need to go out in public so everybody can see how glorious he really is, and what fine people you are for taking him to such a lovely place.
Back to top Go down
Osiris

Osiris

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyThu Oct 11, 2007 5:15 pm

That's funny Spring,
I figure if they are not good enough to eat my chicken, why bother with the steak, you are right. They need large audiences to feed their ego's.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 8:55 am

Amen Brother Ben - Now pass the collection plate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity   The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twohawk's Nest :: People and Places :: Duke it out!!!!-
Jump to: