Twohawk's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions, Predictions, Psychic Impressions, Dreams, Channelings, Astrology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Remember the Alamo
grizzly attacks trainer EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm by masterindisguise

» Joplin and Moore
grizzly attacks trainer EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:45 am by masterindisguise

» Brenda's Blog - physical healing
grizzly attacks trainer EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:21 am by masterindisguise

» First Signs of Physical Acscension Are Here
grizzly attacks trainer EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:55 am by masterindisguise

» Growing Our Miraculous Manifestations
grizzly attacks trainer EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:41 am by masterindisguise

» Power Path May 2013
grizzly attacks trainer EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm by masterindisguise

» Eclipses of 2013 help access spaces between dimensions
grizzly attacks trainer EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm by masterindisguise

» Full moon vision gold mining
grizzly attacks trainer EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am by masterindisguise

» Scorpio full moon notes 4/25/13
grizzly attacks trainer EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am by masterindisguise

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 273 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

grizzly attacks trainer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

grizzly attacks trainer Empty
PostSubject: grizzly attacks trainer   grizzly attacks trainer EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:11 pm

This is sad, for the trainer and the bear

Movie Star Grizzly Bear Kills Trainer
AP
Posted: 2008-04-23 11:03:40
Filed Under: Movie News
BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (April 23) - The grizzly bear that wrestled Will Ferrell's character in the recent film "Semi-Pro" seemed to obediently follow cues - which made its killing of its trainer with a bite to the neck all the more stunning.

Photo Gallery
Christina Bush, AP
Handler Attacked
By Grizzly Bear
1 of 3

Rocky, a 7 1/2 foot tall, 700 pound grizzly bear, killed one of his trainers Tuesday with a bite to the neck. The bear, who was subdued with pepper spray, is one of several animals at a facility that trains them to appear in movies and on television.
Three experienced handlers were working with the grizzly Tuesday at the Predators in Action wild animal training center when the bear attacked Stephan Miller, 39, said San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beavers.

Stephan Miller is the cousin of training center owner Randy Miller, she said.

Pepper spray was used to subdue and contain the bear, and there were no other injuries, Beavers said. Paramedics arriving shortly after the initial emergency call around 3 p.m. were unable to revive Stephan Miller.

The Department of Fish and Game investigated the incident, but will not decide whether the bear will be euthanized because the attack occurred outside its jurisdiction during a training session on facility grounds, department spokesman Harry Morse told the San Bernardino Sun Tuesday.

Morse speculated that the county animal care officials may decide the bear's fate. A call placed early Wednesday to the county's Animal Care and Control Program was not answered.

Sheriff's Sgt. Dave Phelps said the bear was a 5-year-old male named Rocky. The Predators in Action Web site said Rocky is 7½ feet tall and weighs 700 pounds.

The site, which was off-line early Wednesday due to overtaxed bandwidth, identified Rocky as the animal that appeared with Ferrell's character in the scene from "Semi-Pro." Randy Miller doubled for Ferrell in the bear wrestling match, according to the site.

Ferrell's 'Semi-Pro' Bear Scene

Grizzly Training Video

Calls seeking comment from Randy Miller were not immediately returned Tuesday evening.

The center, located in the San Bernardino Mountains east of Los Angeles, has two grizzlies, and also trains lions, tigers, leopards, cougars and wolves for uses ranging from film and TV to advertising and education.

In a February interview, Randy Miller called Rocky "the best working bear in the business," the San Bernardino Sun reported on its Web site Wednesday. But, the paper quoted him as saying, "If one of these animals gets a hold of your throat, you're finished."

Randy Miller has 25 years of experience training animals and his facility has had a perfect safety record, according to the site.

Randy Miller won a World Stunt Academy Award for his work wrestling tigers in the 2000 blockbuster "Gladiator" and performed stunts with his animals in films like "The Postman," ''The Island of Dr. Moreau," and "The Last Samurai." He also helped recreate animal attacks for National Geographic documentaries and the Discovery Channel.

It was not immediately known how long Rocky has been at the facility.

Denise Richards, who works with wild animals at Moonridge Zoo, a sanctuary for injured and homeless wildlife in nearby Big Bear Lake, said trained animals that turn on their handlers are often destroyed.

"You can train them and use as many safety precautions as you can, but you're still taking a chance if you're putting yourself in contact with them," Richards said. "It's still a wild animal. Even though it may appear that the bear attacked for no reason, there was a reason. I'm sure Randy understands why it happened. They're not cold-blooded killers."

Native grizzly bears are extinct in California.
Back to top Go down
Spring Miracles
Admin
Spring Miracles

Female
Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: grizzly attacks trainer   grizzly attacks trainer EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:32 pm

This is so sad. I hope they don't kill him. We take these marvelous creatures out of their environment, make them do strange things totally contradictory to their nature, and when one of them does something instinctual we kill them.

Something is wrong with this picture!
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: grizzly attacks trainer   grizzly attacks trainer EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 10:18 pm

Isn't this what is wrong with us as a species? Taking things, people, animals, words, ideas, scriptures (usually someone else's), and concepts out of the context in which they were meant to exist......
Back to top Go down
masterindisguise
masterindisguise

Female
Number of posts : 1142
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: grizzly attacks trainer   grizzly attacks trainer EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 8:32 pm

and then twisting them all up to do what we want and makes US happy.
Back to top Go down
Wild Dove
Wild Dove

Male
Number of posts : 1312
Humor : monkey business
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: grizzly attacks trainer   grizzly attacks trainer EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:06 pm

I rarely even comment on "news". At first I thought I was too prejudiced to make serious comment believing it was all about self-serving politicians/corporate consultants and "pop star" approach, then realized I WAS in touch with the fact that we have allowed (and have little recourse against) the way we cling to the way issues of grave significance/consequence are repored and decideed what to report/where we put it/which time slot... I have felt at a loss. Now,
I now watch only Jon Stewert for sarcasm/comedy and Bill Moyers, sometimes Washington Week and Lehrer News Hour. Isn't that sad? I even had to eliminate just about everything regarding environmental/social news reporting except an occasional National Science Foundation/National Geographic/Nova shows because they too can't seem to avoid associating/combining fact with opnion about the facts they con us into watching/hearing about. Even they seem twisted, associating environmental and other important science with jobs/children/bottom line profit margins instead of with a spiritual/social responsibility intent. AS LONG AS WE REDUCE INFORMATION FLOW TO THAT WHICH SELLS COMMENTARY SHOWS/LOCAL NEWS/NATIONAL NEWS BECAUSE OF PROFIT MARGIN, we will never get clear of the intellectual, moral and spiritual morass we keep on creating, piling higher and higher.....NOW I KNOW I MUST SPEAK UP, POST RESPECTED SOURCE OF THE COLUSION AND SO ON. No one said it would be easy. We used to be able to count more on the journalism/reporting we once had available. Now its dealing on a one-on-one basis with internet flow, almost no objective media coverage (news corporations now number basically a mere three:United, Turner, Reuters) Independent reporting is almost non-existant. We will end up with more rumor/lie/supposition rather than fact than ever before. Sorry I'm being so doom/gloom, but I am afraid it really isn't any better than what I have just pontificated upon......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grizzly attacks trainer   grizzly attacks trainer Empty

Back to top Go down

grizzly attacks trainer
Page 1 of 1